Windows 10: Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll

Discus and support Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I like to create a custom version of xinput1_3.dll to put in to binary folder where there is the game exe file. My question is: what happen if I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarcoPanza, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll

Hi I like to create a custom version of xinput1_3.dll to put in to binary folder where there is the game exe file.

My question is: what happen if I sign the dll without a trust organization certificate using only a private key ?

Is possible that an application can freeze if call a DLL not signed ? Or the trust organization certificate prevent UAC security popup only ?

I have compiled the open source project "x360ce" but the application freeze after call the xinput1_3.dll file compiled by me and signed with private key.

I need to buy a codesign certificate ? Or there is another solution ?

:)

MarcoPanza, Dec 2, 2019

2. Disable windows codesign certificate check

I like to create a custom version of this open source project:

x360ce/x360ce

for personal use (I like to add more features).

Unfortunatenly the developer stop the support and the only way is modify the source code.

In short this project extend the windows xinput support for controller that support only direct input (like mine) without install additional drivers.

The original compiled dll from the developer work, but when I try compile this source code using this official guide:

x360ce/x360ce

The application freeze when call the dll compiled by me (but work with original dll).

The developer was not include the prf certication file, so I have created one with private key.

Attached the information of my dll and dll of the developer.

So I don’t know if the application freeze becouse the dll is not signed by a trust organization or becouse there is a bug due source code not updated.

For this reason I ask if there is possible disable temporarily the codesign certificate check, so in this way I can understand if the dll freeze becouse is not signed by a trust organization.

Can you help me please ?

Best Regards

Marco

MarcoPanza, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Disable windows codesign certificate check

Hi at all,

I like to create a custom version of this open source project:

x360ce/x360ce

for personal use (I like to add more features).

Unfortunatenly the developer stop the support and the only way is modify the source code.

In short this project extend the windows xinput support for controller that support only direct input (like mine) without install additional drivers.

The original compiled dll from the developer work, but when I try compile this source code using this official guide:

x360ce/x360ce

The application freeze when call the dll compiled by me (but work with original dll).

The developer was not include the prf certication file, so I have created one with private key.

So I don’t know if the application freeze becouse the dll is not signed by a trust organization or becouse there is a bug due source code not updated.

For this reason I ask if there is possible disable temporarily the codesign certificate check, so in this way I can understand if the dll freeze becouse is not signed by a trust organization.

Can you help me please ?

Best Regards

Marco

MarcoPanza, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll

Implementing custom CryptoAPI-Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP) entry points (functions) in DLL file which need to integrate with Microsoft Office application for Digital Signature process

We followed the steps described in the link given below

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-

We also carried out the following steps:

• Created a DLL (custom CSP) which is exposing the CryptoAPI entry function in DLL.
    • Custom CSP dll file was signed using Microsoft Code Signing Certificate.
    • We made the appropriate changes in registry settings to add custom CSP and placed the dll in /windows32/ folder.
    • We made self-signed digital certificate using MakeCert tool
      and this certificate is linked to the custom CSP dll by changing the property of certificate using Cryptography functions (CertSetCertificateContextProperty)
    • We also have a hardware token which has the private key stored in it.
    • Now as a trial run, we made a trial CSP dll to ascertain the function calls being made by MS Word by writing into a log file. On trying to create a Digital Signature it is only calling the following functions:
      • CPAcquireContext
      • CPGetUserKey and
      • CPDestroyKey
    • We are unable to access the other functions as given below:
      • CPEncrypt
      • CPCreateHash and
      • CPSignHash
    We solicit anyone help in providing any inputs to implement a fully working custom CSP DLL.

Thanks,

Narendra

narendren.jbkatgmaildotcom

Narendra Prasath, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll

1. Unsure if purchase or not a codesign certificate for custom xinput dll - Similar Threads - Unsure purchase codesign

2. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  3. replacing xinput

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing xinput: so i have three xbox controllers 2 new ones and one old the two new one use xinput drivers while the old one uses hid compliant game controller which lets it work for the game i need it for but i wanna use my new controllers for this game and xinput is making problems...
  4. XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX CONTROLLER RECOGNIZED AS LE XINPUT DEVICE: GOOD DAY. I HAD A TROUBLE MAPPING MY XBOX CONTROLLER BECAUSE IT HAS DIFFERENT INPUT BUTTONS AND NAME. IT APPEARS THAT MY XBOX CONTROLLER WAS RECOGNIZED AS A GENERIC GAMEPAD CONTROLLER ON GAMES. I TRIED USING IT ON WIRED CONNECTION AND WAS WORKING FINE, HOWEVER IT WAS NOT THE...
  5. Create EFS certificate with custom cipher options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create EFS certificate with custom cipher options: Hi all. I would like to create an EFS certificate for myself self-signed with the following properties: signature algorithm and hash : at least SHA256 preferably SHA512 Public Key: RSA at least 4096 preferably RSA-8192 if possible ECC Key size: 521 I would like to...
  6. What's the dll file for "general icons" in Customizer God?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the dll file for "general icons" in Customizer God?: I think the title says all but if you need more info just ask :) I'm on windows 10 1903 155044
  7. Disable windows codesign certificate check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable windows codesign certificate check: I like to create a custom version of this open source project: https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce for personal use (I like to add more features). Unfortunatenly the developer stop the support and the only way is modify the source code. In short this project extend the...
  8. Disable windows codesign certificate check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable windows codesign certificate check: Hi at all, I like to create a custom version of this open source project: https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce for personal use (I like to add more features). Unfortunatenly the developer stop the support and the only way is modify the source code. In short this project...
  9. Unsure website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsure website: I did updates on my notebook to the windows 10 and twice it needed some sort of keys or codes which can be retrieved from my emails. Trouble is the emails are in chinese language. Can't read it except for the numbers given. The codes works. Now the question is, are the emails...
  10. No vibration Xinput

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No vibration Xinput: I'm using an Xbox 360 controller and there's no vibration for it in any game or any program. I don't know why. 11362