Windows 10: Unsure what happen during backup

Discus and support Unsure what happen during backup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jammerjonn, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Unsure what happen during backup

Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was coping too many folders at the same time so I checked my C drive thinking it was making duplicate files but I could not find them. I turned on to show hidden files and folders and still can not find them. I then ran the clean-up program and gained 2 gb back but that's it. Any suggestions? What am I missing? Thanks

:)

Jammerjonn, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Unsure what happen during backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Unsure what happen during backup

Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Unsure what happen during backup

1. Unsure what happen during backup - Similar Threads - Unsure happen during

2. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  3. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  4. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  5. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  6. Unsure what is causing this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unsure what is causing this: [ATTACH] Trying to change the location to my new apps and this keeps popping up I am unsure of what is causing this exactly, and my account is an administrator on my pc. This is where I want it to got to. submitted by /u/One_of_many_masks [link] [comments]...
  7. What happens during Windows 10 login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happens during Windows 10 login?: I have been struggling with Windows login for a few months. Login took between one and three minutes. I am on a home laptop. I found a large amount of trash in C:\Users\<MyAccount>\AppData\Local\Temp. After I manually cleaned this area, login now takes a few seconds....
  8. BSOD Unsure of what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Unsure of what to do: Hi guys looking for some advice here. I ran memtest86 and dont get any errors that come back i have also monitored temps for my cpu and doesnt seem to be overheating under load and also ran a stresstest on cpu and no crashes or anything. This is the minidump i got back....
  9. Unsure on what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unsure on what to do: [IMG] My laptop Lenovo Z50 AMD A10 Win10 OS runs fine then will randomly blue screen like this. It makes it frustrating to troubleshoot when the QR code doesnt read and theres no actual code to view. Has anyone had this issue before or would know how to fix it?...
  10. Macrium Backup Strategy + What Happens if Backup Drive is Disconnected

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Backup Strategy + What Happens if Backup Drive is Disconnected: Hi all. I've on the advice of this forum installed Macrium Free for disc imaging (it feels like a really well put together application) to provide an additional backup for my writing, but would appreciate some help with a few questions from experienced users: 1. The...