Windows 10: Unsure what is causing this

Discus and support Unsure what is causing this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Trying to change the location to my new apps and this keeps popping up I am unsure of what is causing this exactly, and my account is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/One_of_many_masks, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 20, 2020
  2. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Desboro Win User

Unsure what is causing this

Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your response: apologies for slow feedback.

Regarding step 1 - doing a restore point : I tried this twice and twice it failed. Now, the date of the update that caused the issue (13/14 September 2019) has disappeared from the history list. Is there a way of finding it, still?

Regarding Step 2- the list of updates installed: the two suggestions above do not seem to appear in the list in the window "Installed Updates".

There are two updates listed for 13 September - Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Security Update for Microsoft Windows.

Could you advise what I might try next?

Thank you so much.

Desboro, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Unsure what is causing this

1. Unsure what is causing this - Similar Threads - Unsure causing

2. I keep having BSOD when playing various video games, unsure of what exactly is causing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep having BSOD when playing various video games, unsure of what exactly is causing the...: heres the text from running the minidump through windbg************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version 19041 MP 8 procs Free x64Product: WinNt, suite:...
  3. I keep having BSOD when playing various video games, unsure of what exactly is causing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep having BSOD when playing various video games, unsure of what exactly is causing the...: heres the text from running the minidump through windbg************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version 19041 MP 8 procs Free x64Product: WinNt, suite:...
  4. I keep having BSOD when playing various video games, unsure of what exactly is causing the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  6. BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause

BSOD Crashes while gaming from ntoskrnl; unsure of the cause: Hello friendly helper,Sometimes i get a BSOD when i game. It doesn't happen every time but when it does crash it says it's caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. I've checked my CPU temp and while it may be high at times it doesn't always correlate with crashes. Below are 4...
  7. Unsure of black screen issue cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure of black screen issue cause: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  8. Unsure of black screen issue cause

Unsure of black screen issue cause: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  9. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier: Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being quite annoying, I have already done a check for viruses and I have found nothing, so im assuming its bad RAM or a bad...
  10. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier: Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being quite annoying, I have already done a check for viruses and I have found nothing, so im assuming its bad RAM or a bad...