Windows 10: Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

Discus and support Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, after replacing my hard drive i have been no longer experiencing the bsod irql not equal or less, after i replaced my old hard drive i ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SleepyBray77, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

Hello, after replacing my hard drive i have been no longer experiencing the bsod irql not equal or less, after i replaced my old hard drive i ran sfc/scannow in command prompt as an administrator on my laptop to make sure it wasnt just a bad hard drive causing the bsod and because after replacing my old hard drive my computer randomly restarted while i was using it.

after running sfc/scannow the results were "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

after that i searched the results on google to see what to do next, and on one thread from "thewindowsclub" it suggested running "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"

this thread - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-resource-protection-found-corrupt-files

it also suggested to try to run sfc/scannow in safemode and upon booting up the pc, and led me to the microsoft support page for manually replacing the files "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...r-missing-or-corrupted-system#manually repair"

at this point im simply wondering if i should follow the steps above from the "thewindowsclub" and then trying to manually repairing the files following microsofts support page, or if a factory reset would be simpler to do to fix the problems?

i would rather fix the issue than factory resetting my pc if it is a viable option to do!

i did obtain the sfcdetails.txt file to check to see what the results were and looked - photos below. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). 0e6bc598-c9ad-40bf-a4fb-092179fa2a16?upload=true.jpg Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). d9a7a0eb-0846-4d64-bbba-c18ce6c0720c?upload=true.jpg Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). a483dad4-5ef9-47e1-988c-e8e6b8ee9f52?upload=true.jpg Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). 865a0aee-cbed-4408-a899-9aec5f692d6c?upload=true.jpg Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). b1966d70-1da1-487e-9a80-799056265bf5?upload=true.jpg Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). f05725f2-c58a-475e-84c9-198af874eec0?upload=true.jpg

:)

SleepyBray77, Aug 11, 2019

2. SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 11, 2019
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    sfc /scannow error

Thanks.
    After above steps, I rebooted my laptop and did sfc /scannow. It is OK now.

lvgandhi, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

Help with sfc /scannow results

Results of sfc /scannow: Windows Resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported
    in offline servicing scenarios. How to I correct the problem. Also in task manager, I continually have 75-100 % usage when no programs are running

Renee'Tippitt, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results).

1. Unsure what to do. (after sfc/ scannow results). - Similar Threads - Unsure sfc scannow

2. sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?: OK, so sometimes possibly you're better off not knowing. Running Windows 10, 1909 and everything is functioning perfectly, or so I thought. No errors, nothing, not a single hiccup. Then I run sfc /scannow, maybe just because I'm curious, maybe too much time on my hands. In...
  3. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  4. Unsure on what to do

Unsure on what to do: [IMG] My laptop Lenovo Z50 AMD A10 Win10 OS runs fine then will randomly blue screen like this. It makes it frustrating to troubleshoot when the QR code doesnt read and theres no actual code to view. Has anyone had this issue before or would know how to fix it?...
  5. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  6. Interpreting sfc /scannow results

Interpreting sfc /scannow results: My W10 Pro PC is running quite well. I decided to run sfc /scannow and came up with the following results: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  7. SFC /scannow does not work - what to do??

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow does not work - what to do??: Greetings. After some troubble with my PC I wanted to restart in safe mode, but it can't do that. Breaks off and write something about a "hard crash", only the taskbar works, and I can also ust winkey+R and start regedit aso. Because of this I wanted to run a "sfc...
  8. SFC /Scannow Results

SFC /Scannow Results: Have i problems in my OS? SFC Details.txt 45203
  9. SFC Scannow Results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC Scannow Results: Has anyone else run "sfc /scannow" on their system? I am receiving integrity errors but they don't seem to logged or I can't find them in the usual place. 3341
  10. SFC /SCANNOW results

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /SCANNOW results: Finally in this build 10049, I can run SFC /SCANNOW completely. I've extracted just the SR results from cbs.log showing repairs, but one did not fix. Has something to do with powershell. I've rebooted and rerun 3 times, the recommended. Any thoughts? sfcdetails.txt 5130