Windows 10: Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay

Discus and support Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't play games Have separate tools to view/edit images and videos and for taking notes. Use Outlook 2016 Don't use Skype am thinking of removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tfwul, Oct 12, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay

I don't play games
    Have separate tools to view/edit images and videos and for taking notes.
    Use Outlook 2016
    Don't use Skype

am thinking of removing the yellow marked apps.

Is there a chance of running into issues some time in future?
    Probably not, but better safe than sorry.

stuff like:

App InstallerFeedback HubGet HelpMicrosoft Edge Microsoft CorporationMicrosoft OneDriveMicrosoft Store Microsoft Corporation

should better left untouched, I guess.

=

Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay [​IMG]

:)

tfwul, Oct 12, 2018

2. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to remove "connect" app?

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What exactly do you mean by Remove connect app?

• Do you want to unpin app from start menu?
    If you’re referring to unpin the app from Start menu follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key.

• Right click on the app which you want to remove.

• Select Unpin from start.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Unsure which apps can be removed safely, which ones better stay - Similar Threads - Unsure apps removed

2. Which Windows is better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows is better?: Hi, I got a Dell Latitude E5430, i got my laptop from my dad in 2020, but I did use it a little bit in 2019. I wanted to ask, that which windows is better, cuz in 2019, it was Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but now or since 2020, I have windows 10 latest.Specs: 4gb ramHdd 500gb but I...
  3. Which Windows is better?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Windows is better?: Hi, I got a Dell Latitude E5430, i got my laptop from my dad in 2020, but I did use it a little bit in 2019. I wanted to ask, that which windows is better, cuz in 2019, it was Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but now or since 2020, I have windows 10 latest.Specs: 4gb ramHdd 500gb but I...
  4. Which driver is better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which driver is better?: Which driver is better for my laptop sata ssd , the default microsoft ahci driver or the intel achi driver? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-driver-is-better/daa920ef-a783-4cde-b05a-acf79c0b409f
  5. Which driver is better?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which driver is better?: Which driver is better for my laptop sata ssd , the default microsoft ahci driver or the intel achi driver? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-driver-is-better/daa920ef-a783-4cde-b05a-acf79c0b409f
  6. Which is better ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better ?: Hello guys i have some problems with my pc ( stutters ) i tride everything to fix it but didnt helped so im trying to re installing windows now but i dont know what is better to do it , should i reinstalling it with flash drive or i do reset recovrey and remove evereything ....
  7. Which one is better?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which one is better?: I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 and I tried to update it to latest version from windows 10 upgrade assistant. After downloading 99% it is restarting from 1%. I tried it 2 times but it was same. So I decided to update it from setting Will it update successfully or not?...
  8. Which app was removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which app was removed?: [ATTACH] Greetings, This morning I noticed that a tile is missing from Start. I don't remember what used to be there. I'm guessing Windows Update removed an app. Is it possible to find out which app was removed? I've had this problem before. Thanks, Shane....
  9. which is better?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    which is better?: Which is better, Windows Defender or Norton 360? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-is-better/3634df74-df1b-4bf2-9967-7084e0174821"
  10. which trackball is better?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which trackball is better?: in terms of comfort and accuracy, which trackball is better? Both are from Logitech, similar price. Or any other recommendation? [img] [img] 123607