Windows 10: Unsync Between 2 Computers

Discus and support Unsync Between 2 Computers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop, and I already own a Windows 10 PC. I logged in using my email that was also the email for my PC, and I synced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lolsevryday, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Unsync Between 2 Computers

I recently got a new laptop, and I already own a Windows 10 PC. I logged in using my email that was also the email for my PC, and I synced the settings. After a while of having the settings synced using OneDrive, The shortcuts I have from my PC, are now showing up on my laptop, which isn't what I wanted. When I try to delete the shortcut off the laptop, it deletes from my PC as well. I only want the shortcuts I make on my PC only on my PC, and the shortcuts I make on my laptop, only on my laptop. How would I do this?

submitted by /u/lolsevryday
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lolsevryday, Jul 9, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Unsync 2 computers

Thank you for your response. We'd like to clarify if both computers have an email address appearing when you're signing in to your PC. If yes, we suggest that you create a local account to one of your computers. To know how, check this
    article.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Marvin Barc, Jul 9, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Unsync Between 2 Computers

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Unsync Between 2 Computers [​IMG]

Unsync Between 2 Computers [​IMG]

zinou, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Unsync Between 2 Computers

1. Unsync Between 2 Computers - Similar Threads - Unsync Between Computers

2. Two Computers Synced- how to unsync.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Computers Synced- how to unsync.: Hi- I'm new to the Windows OS and am still learning the ins and outs. Recently I applied a setting that has my two computers desktops synced ie- all folders from on desktop show up on the other. I would like to turn this function off, but for the life of me can't remember...
  3. Networking between 2 computers

Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  4. Stop Syncing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Syncing between 2 computers: I have 2 devices using the same Microsoft username & Password. One is a desktop, and the other is a laptop. When I add or change the graphic of the Icons on the desktop of one device it syncs and changes it on the other device. I used Win 10 Pro "Sync your setting" app and...
  5. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  6. Unsyncing two computers

Unsyncing two computers: I set up Bluetooth on my desktop to use my new speakers. After I did that my husbands desktop somehow became attached to my computer and he cannot us his. It shows my desktop theme and sidebar. I've already tried to go into settings and remove the Bluetooth and turned off...
  7. Unsync Computer Problem

Unsync Computer Problem: Hi all, I have 2 computers sync to the same account. That means whenever I download an application like Zoom or Steam, it shows up on the other computer too. Whenever I delete an application it deletes it on the other computer. How do I fix that? TIA...
  8. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  9. unsync browsers in two computers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unsync browsers in two computers: Hello. I own a laptop on which I used the same microsoft account as the one I used to set up my parents PC. Both use windows 10 as much as I remember. I noticed that when I visit them and use the wifi somethings may or may not change in one of them. sometimes the...
  10. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...