Windows 10: Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions

Discus and support Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was working on a report which was not syncing to OneDrive as I had run out of storage. Unfortunately, I got confused by the options displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OliviaMackintosh, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions

Hi,

I was working on a report which was not syncing to OneDrive as I had run out of storage. Unfortunately, I got confused by the options displayed at the top and clicked on "Discard changes" thinking that it would remove the file from OneDrive. It replaced the version I had been working on with a much older version of the document.

Therefore, I was wondering whether it is possible to retrieve my overwritten, newer version of the document from my computer somehow. It is a crucial report which would be difficult to replicate and I am desperate to get it back.

Thank you for your help,

Olivia

:)

OliviaMackintosh, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Lai. B Win User

Unsyncing files from OneDrive

Hi,

I clicked on the first link and followed the steps exactly how they showed it. The only thing I did different was that I didn't click "OK" to close off the OneDrive settings dialogue box.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking me to do. In the original folders is just the "Where are my files". Could you explain a bit more what you mean and how I can revert back to normal?

What I don't understand is why instead of removing the files from OneDrive, the files on my COMPUTER are gone. It did the complete opposite of what I thought unsyncing a folder would do so I am very confused about that as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Lai. B, Jan 24, 2020
  3. YOD
    Yod Win User
    UNsync OneDrive

I just got a Windows 10 Pro Dell XPS. In Windows Explorer, when contents of This PC are displayed, what are the 'pushpins' next to Desktop, Downloads, Documents, etc (in the left pane)?

When I transferred all my files to the Documents folder, OneDrive started to upload them. I do NOT want them all uploaded to OneDrive. I closed OneDrive, ended up in Settings somewhere and unsynced it. It continues to upload all my files when I turn the pc on again. This is a major problem here

4. Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions

Unsynced OneDrive Folders

Folders I've chosen not to sync to my computer from One Drive will not appear in File Explorer. Combined with the disappearance of the OneDrive App, the only way to access unsynced OneDrive folders is by opening a browser. Am I doing something wrong?

RyanDeegan, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions

1. Unsynced files overwritten by old OneDrive versions - Similar Threads - Unsynced files overwritten

2. Unsync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsync OneDrive: I want to unsync and cancel my OneDrive account it's an old free one but none of the instructions that Microsoft provides work. When I open the account and click on Help, there is no Settings area. If I click on the Settings icon, I see Options, but there is no option for...
  3. Unsync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsync OneDrive: I want to unsync and cancel my OneDrive account it's an old free one but none of the instructions that Microsoft provides work. When I open the account and click on Help, there is no Settings area. If I click on the Settings icon, I see Options, but there is no option for...
  4. Recovering unsynced OneDrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering unsynced OneDrive files: Hi. I have an acer laptop that I've been using for over a year and have been saving most of my documents on OneDrive. The laptop now won't boot up, but when I check my files on OneDrive online, not all of the files were there. I suspect it wasn't syncing. My question is, are...
  5. Important files overwritten by older versions on OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Important files overwritten by older versions on OneDrive: Hello, I keep track of some finances on an Excel spreadsheet. I save it locally in the OneDrive folder. So everything is supposed get synced with my OneDrive storage in the cloud. I did this for the last 4 to 5 years. Yesterday I had to switch my computer to a new one. I...
  6. Unsyncing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unsyncing files from OneDrive: Hello, I decided to unsync my files from OneDrive as I didn't want to use it anymore, plus it keeps on telling me my storage is full so I want to remove all the files from OneDrive entirely. I went to the manage backup section and turned off backup for Desktop, Documents,...
  7. UNsync OneDrive

UNsync OneDrive: I just got a Windows 10 Pro Dell XPS. In Windows Explorer, when contents of This PC are displayed, what are the 'pushpins' next to Desktop, Downloads, Documents, etc? When I transferred all my files to the Documents folder, OneDrive started to upload them. I do NOT want...
  8. UNsync OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNsync OneDrive: I just got a Windows 10 Pro Dell XPS. In Windows Explorer, when contents of This PC are displayed, what are the 'pushpins' next to Desktop, Downloads, Documents, etc (in the left pane)? When I transferred all my files to the Documents folder, OneDrive started to upload...
  9. Unsync OneDrive

Unsync OneDrive: I'd like to know how to select which folders are backed up from one of my computers to OneDrive... I tried to delete some files, and they disappeared from my computer as well... Thanks....
  10. Unsyncing files of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unsyncing files of OneDrive: For the past few days I have been trying to get a wizard to create the folder in my D: drive, but it will automatically place it in OneDrive no matter what I do. I'm really not sure what can be done but any help would be great!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive files overwritten with older versions