Windows 10: Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen

Discus and support Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason all my apps, Windows,... won't go all the way up on the display/screen. Only my cursor goes there… I didn't touch the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SolenaLeonard, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen

For some reason all my apps, Windows,... won't go all the way up on the display/screen. Only my cursor goes there… I didn't touch the display settings,... and i can't find anything… I'm on a Lenovo with Windows 10 if that can help Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen :)

:)

SolenaLeonard, Apr 20, 2019

2. Unused display surface / 1020

As it is now its quite sad, let me explain...

If you have the 1020 with screenlock activate, then open it half by pressing button on side, then...swipe the lockscreen only halfway upwards, you will notice 3 mm black unused diplay surface to the left of the apps to the left and to the right of the apps
    on the right side of the phone compare to the lockscreen.

Sliding the open startscreen carefully to the left before the list of app appears you see the unused space too and how it could look if Nokia used the full screen space...they even could fit in a 5th row of apps if the just made the a fractions smaller...also
    if you tap the "arrow left" down the left corner mutiple times closing everything and you see the default screen appearance leave more than 1 cm black space at the top which also could be fully used...slide the startscreen up to atleast as it touched the small
    clock youll see how nice it could look if Nokia used all display space.

For me this phone is abit to big as it is...more sad is that it could be as small I want it if the had the screen as it was but cutted off the black unused edges on the display...but when it is as big as it is why not use 100% of the actual diplay, it really
    could look much more nice too, as the lookscreen look.

Nokia guys, maybe you could make an update that uses the screen at 100% by default?..as the lock screen do? And in the future maybe add a 5th row of apps when it will almost fit as it is now...

Christer1979, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Unable to use Simplify/CMS with Windows 10

Hi Cathi,

There can be a few reasons why bug appears when you use Simplify/CMS on your device. To help us determine the right steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device?
    • Are you getting an error message? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Louie Del, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen

1. Unusable 10 cm space on top of screen - Similar Threads - Unusable space top

2. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...: Hello.Black screen appears out of nowhere covering majority of monitor.Given suggestions on previous post but they didn't work.Reset windows.Original black screen is gone.Since then when going to change monitor refresh rate to the highest supported 144hz I am met with the...
  3. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...: Hello.Black screen appears out of nowhere covering majority of monitor.Given suggestions on previous post but they didn't work.Reset windows.Original black screen is gone.Since then when going to change monitor refresh rate to the highest supported 144hz I am met with the...
  4. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Screen has a line going across it vertically about a cm from the top and cannot raise...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  7. Unused space on c:drive changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unused space on c:drive changing: Hi I purchased a new pc with only a 128gig ssd hard drive. After installing certain things it showed I only had 13 gig left which had me worried. I got rid of temp files etc and it stayed at 13gig. Yesterday I looked and I see I am now at 25gig Just a question of...
  8. Clear up unused space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear up unused space?: I've got a laptop that's down to just a few GBs of storage left on a good day, anywhere from 6gb to less than half a gig. I have an external drive that I put everything I can on but it hasn't opened up much space. Anyone know of something I could use or do to remove junk and...
  9. Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome---lots of white space at top of screen: Not exactly sure how to word this. When I go to Chrome, this is what I see, from top to bottom: Tabs at very top. Address bar. Below address bar, huge amount of white space, then a line. Content. The huge white space takes up precious screen space. I want to get rid of...
  10. Format unused space on primary disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format unused space on primary disk: Some time ago I had to format my hard drive (a nominal 1 TB spinner) and re-install Windows 10. At the time I was considering setting up a dual-boot configuration, so I left about 290 GB unallocated for later use by the alternative OS. Since then I have changed my mind, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maximized windows on primary monitor top part of screen unusable

2. unusable space monitor

3. top ribbon on screen unusable

4. windows 10 up left corner unusable,
  5. windows 10 top of screen unusable,
  6. monitor has unusable space at ttop of screen