Windows 10: Unused computer

Discus and support Unused computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer has not been used for a while and I need to know what type of updates are needed?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sys(Pig66), Sep 14, 2019.

1. Unused computer

My computer has not been used for a while and I need to know what type of updates are needed?

:)

Sys(Pig66), Sep 14, 2019

2. BUTTON STUCK DOWN!! HELP ASAP!! VERY ANNOYING!! MAKES COMPUTER UNUSABLE!!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

How is the keyboard connected? Wired or Wireless?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to firstly, reboot the computer and check if it fixes the issue. If issue still persists try plugging the keyboard to different ports and check.

Method 2: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the keyboard device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 14, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Unused computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Unused computer

1. Unused computer - Similar Threads - Unused computer

2. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  3. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  4. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  5. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable: Hello,my computer wants me to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, but clicking the Accept or Decline button on the License has just the visual effect of the button being clicked, although nothing happens. Wanting to Skip the Windows 11 installation brings me to the license...
  6. Forced update Win10 to Win11 stalls at license accept button, makes computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed: When my computer goes through an automatic update through restart or shut down it becomes pretty much unusable. It will go very slow and programs will either be very slow to respond or not respond at all. Fixing it takes nearly half a day to a full day through running...
  8. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow: October 11 2023 update to a Windows 10 on a laptop: Laptop is crippled.It is now so slow and so bad, I am not sure but I might have to go purchase a new laptop.This was lightening fast, yesterday, before the update.Latest update seems to be KB5001716 KB5031356...
  9. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow: October 11 2023 update to a Windows 10 on a laptop: Laptop is crippled.It is now so slow and so bad, I am not sure but I might have to go purchase a new laptop.This was lightening fast, yesterday, before the update.Latest update seems to be KB5001716 KB5031356...
  10. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade