Windows 10: Unused desktop icons?

Discus and support Unused desktop icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, after I played a game, I found that the icons in my desktop were different, I keep always them all together, I never have an empty space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pipppero2007, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Unused desktop icons?

Hello,

after I played a game, I found that the icons in my desktop were different, I keep always them all together, I never have an empty space between them, but I found some empty space between them and I am afraid Windows alone deleted something and I don't understand why!

What I want to obtain, without using the System Point Restore, is if I can be able to understand if Windows ran its tool for cleaning the broken links icons on desktop (unused desktop icons) while I was gaming.

There is a registry somewhere I can see it?

:)

Pipppero2007, Apr 15, 2017

2. Leave a copy on the server - Windows 10 Mail

Since I want to have the mails stored on the desktop and not the phone this makes it unusable for me....

delta_down, Apr 15, 2017
  3. How to manage displays on windows 10

I've had this problem since I updated to windows 10.

I have 2 desktop monitors which I usually have extended. I often need to extend desktop to my TV too.

The problem is that windows 10 display control doesn't show unused monitors/TV and I can only select to copy the desktop to 2 of them at a time. Now I know I can extend my desktop with (winkey)+P but again it only extends to my desktop monitors.

I got around this issue using AMD CCC to manage my display configuration but the recent AMD catalyst update presented the very same problem with it's desktop management.

How can I get windows to display the unused monitors/TV like it used to in prior windows versions??

It was easy to just select the unused monitor and choose to extend desktop to it.

All monitors are properly displayed in hardware and device manager.

HenriLindgren, Apr 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Unused desktop icons?

Do all the shortcuts work? All the documents open?
    Are any missing you know you had?

Or have they just been moved around a bit?

Games often change screen resolution, so perhaps you are seeing an effect of that. And a good number experience desktop icons being rearranged- not staying in the same place. Some very long threads on that topic- it's been something that some have experienced over many editions of Windows.

dalchina, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

Unused desktop icons?

1. Unused desktop icons? - Similar Threads - Unused desktop icons

2. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  3. Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop keeps refreshing making pc unusable!: Hey, i was installing an appFL studio and it finished fine. Right when it finished my desktop started to refresh constantly while programs like firefox still worked and i could alt-tab between them but the refreshing was annoying so i restart my pc. Now the pc starts fine and...
  4. Edge removed all my programs, leaving desktop icons unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge removed all my programs, leaving desktop icons unusable: Hi, today my pc updated and downloaded the new edge program. However it also removed all my programs, leaving the desktop icons unusable. It also removed all the system restore points. This now leaves me with a pc with know programs. Can anyone please let me know how I can...
  5. How to remove unused icons from search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove unused icons from search?: I uninstalled a lot of apps recently but for some reason the icons still remain on search and I can't do anything about them. submitted by /u/Eroscuk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foswwi/how_to_remove_unused_icons_from_search/
  6. Unusable blank desktop after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusable blank desktop after update.: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows installation; since the last update, yesterday, my computer boots up to a blank, unusable desktop. Nothing works except the mouse (I can move it and that's it). My Desktop shortcuts are not there and the only way to fix it is...
  7. Right clicking on desktop makes it unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop makes it unusable: So today I fully reset my PC because it was misbehaving, after the reset while the original problem disappeared, a new one came up. When on the desktop, if I right click, the cursor becomes the blue circle meaning it is loading or something and that makes the desktop...
  8. Desktop partly unusable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partly unusable.: I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my desktop and all icons have moved down and can not be moved up. Strangely my Rocket Dock is still sitting at the top and working...
  9. remove unused icon on notification and action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove unused icon on notification and action: hi..may i ask how to remove unused icon on notification and action? already uninstalling this program i marked.. [img] an how to fix thumbnail that seems broken..like edge thumbnail..? thanks in advance 18554
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511