Windows 10: Unused Driver

Discus and support Unused Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my Programs and features List is showing a Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Version 19.0.14.1 that I can not uninstall because no file path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reggyO, Jul 29, 2020.

1. reggyO Win User

Unused Driver

Hello, my Programs and features List is showing a Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Version 19.0.14.1 that I can not uninstall because no file path exists.

No Synaptics Folder in Program Files and no luck finding a driver download for reinstallation.

Not showing in Device Manager only shows two HID - Compliant Mouse, both Microsoft Drivers

The Error Message is: RunDLL - There was a problem starting C: Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDll.dll - The specified module could not be found.

Desktop PC Full Installation Windows 10 Pro / Version 2004 / OS Build 19041.421 / Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0.

Any input is helpful, Thanks!

:)

reggyO, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Unused Driver

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Unused Driver

1. Unused Driver - Similar Threads - Unused Driver

2. Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...: I use a Lenovo Latitude 7320 on 64-bit processor with 16GB RAM. Fantastic machine for all my grad school needs. However, I recently purchased a MOKiN USB C Hub HDMI Adapter specifically rated for my laptop and am running into issues. My device becomes horribly slow to the...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...: I use a Lenovo Latitude 7320 on 64-bit processor with 16GB RAM. Fantastic machine for all my grad school needs. However, I recently purchased a MOKiN USB C Hub HDMI Adapter specifically rated for my laptop and am running into issues. My device becomes horribly slow to the...
  4. Old unused drivers preventing using memory integrity Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old unused drivers preventing using memory integrity Win 11: I'm attempting to activate memory integrity but seeing the following drivers as incompatible. The two Roccat ones are for a very old keyboard I no longer own, I was unsure if I could safely find and delete them without issue? I've googled the remaining one and not found a...
  5. Old unused drivers preventing using memory integrity Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old unused drivers preventing using memory integrity Win 11: I'm attempting to activate memory integrity but seeing the following drivers as incompatible. The two Roccat ones are for a very old keyboard I no longer own, I was unsure if I could safely find and delete them without issue? I've googled the remaining one and not found a...
  6. Cleaning unused drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cleaning unused drivers: I remember long time ago I used an app called GhostBuster that would remove unused drivers from Windows. Is that app still compatible? If not, any other suggested app that does the job? Thanks 181687
  7. Windows keeps updating my USB drivers to USB 3.0 and causes to make my computer unusable.

Windows keeps updating my USB drivers to USB 3.0 and causes to make my computer unusable.: Hello! I own a refurbished DELL OptiPlex 960 and I have been experiencing this problem ever since last week or so. For the first time it happened, I managed to use my drawing tablet to update my USB drivers to a compatible driver. The second time it happened, everything was...
  8. Windows 10 & AMD Drivers - Causing Machine Freezing and Unusable

Windows 10 & AMD Drivers - Causing Machine Freezing and Unusable: I have a number of laptops Dell with AMD APUs. The latest updates to Windows forces a driver update to the AMD R4 video cards installed in these devices. This causes the system to freeze every few seconds. If you move a mouse cursor around, it will stop responding every 2-3...
  9. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.: I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions. 4286
  10. Using A Friends Unused Product Key & Driver Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using A Friends Unused Product Key & Driver Question: Hello I am currently running Windows Vista on my computer, but would like to upgrade to Windows 10. I have a few questions. My friend, who has a Windows 7-running computer, is willing to give me their product activation key for their free Windows 10 upgrade. Would it be...