Windows 10: Unused Partition

Discus and support Unused Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I move space from a NEW VOLUME E Basic Data Partition to increase allocation in Windows C: I am looking at the Disk management tool but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grahammac70, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Unused Partition

How do I move space from a NEW VOLUME E Basic Data Partition to increase allocation in Windows C: I am looking at the Disk management tool but unfortunately don't understand what to do with it.

Thanks in advance

:)

Grahammac70, Mar 15, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 15, 2021
  3. 240gb unusable!!!

hmm that sounds like a solid program *Smile Unused Partition :). i try that first *Smile Unused Partition :)

KapiteinKoek007, Mar 15, 2021
  4. TRWOV Win User

Unused Partition

240gb unusable!!!

Use diskpart.

Go into the command line (run as administrator) then type "diskpart"

"list volume" will show you all the mounted volumes, in this case you'll select volume H (first partition of the disk).

"select volume XX" where XX is the number that corresponds to the H volume.

"list partition" will show you the partitions on the volume H, even hidden or locked ones. Those 240GB should show up with no drive letter, also check the size just to be sure.

"select partition XX" where XX is the number of the 240GB partition.

"delete partition override" will delete the partition not mattering if it's locked or not. MAKE SURE THAT YOU SELECTED THE CORRECT PARTITION BEFORE THIS.

Now you should be able to format the partition. To exit diskpart type "exit".

TRWOV, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Unused Partition

1. Unused Partition - Similar Threads - Unused Partition

2. I have a Windows laptop and I saw 2 unused disk partitions today which I can't access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a Windows laptop and I saw 2 unused disk partitions today which I can't access: If you can see, partition1 and partition7 are not made by me and I can't use or access them, is that normal? What will happen if I format them?...
  3. 13GB unused Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    13GB unused Recovery Partition: I have so many recovery partitions and I can't delete any of them. And there's also 13MB unallocated memory which I can't merge. Is the 13GB recovery partition necessary? or can I delete it? If I can delete it, then how? Thanks in advance[ATTACH]...
  4. Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management: Hello, I am a new Windows 10 Home user and I am having trouble with managing my disks. I am not experienced at all, so I apologize in advance for all the nonsense I might type. I just found out that I have a SSD, by running "Get-PhysicalDisk" in PowerShell, as shown in the...
  5. Can/Should I free up these unused C: partitions?

Can/Should I free up these unused C: partitions?: This is the current layout of my Windows 10 boot drive: [img] I understand that WIn10 has a required 1/2 gigabyte "Recovery Partition" that it likes to use when required to rebuild the boot partition etc. But somehow, over time, my boot drive has those other 3 partitions,...
  6. Help with Disk Management - unused healthy primary partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Disk Management - unused healthy primary partition: Hello, My laptop was running slow still a little slow, in following various recommendations I ended up deleting a ton of stuff to recover space, and I saw my drive set up in Disk Management. I see that I have one Disk 0 and 4 partitions. I also have a D drive that is empty...
  7. If I delete the recovery partition on Windows, would this make Windows 10 unusable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I delete the recovery partition on Windows, would this make Windows 10 unusable?: If I delete the recovery partition on Windows, would this make Windows 10 unusable? Would I still be able to boot into Windows and use it normally (except having any sort of backup)? submitted by /u/unix21311 [link] [comments]...
  8. Fresh W10 install, system reserved partition on unused 2nd disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 install, system reserved partition on unused 2nd disk: Hi guys, I have 2 SSDs in my machine, a 1TB one and an older 128GB one. When I reinstalled Windows 10 today I installed it on the larger 1TB drive with the intention of removing the smaller one completely from the system since it's old etc. I used the diskpart tool to...
  9. IS windows 10 1909 latest update making HDD partitions unusable converts FS to RAW...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IS windows 10 1909 latest update making HDD partitions unusable converts FS to RAW...: Recently I just updated my laptop with Windows 10 1909 clean installation on C:\ while I have 3 partition on my HDD; i.e C:windowOS , D: , E: but 2 days ago while I was doing my daily work it suddenly crashed to BSoD [ BSoD error was >>critcal_process_failed...
  10. Unused 11GB recovery partition

Unused 11GB recovery partition: I have an unused 11 GB recovery partition. Is it OK to delete it? If not what should I do with it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e