Windows 10: Unused voice packages cannot be removed.

Discus and support Unused voice packages cannot be removed. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 1909 US English, no other language packs are installed. I am attempting to remove unused voice packages from the Settings \ Time &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by debacler, Feb 24, 2020.

1. debacler Win User

Unused voice packages cannot be removed.

Windows 10 x64 1909

US English, no other language packs are installed.

I am attempting to remove unused voice packages from the Settings \ Time & Language \ Speech.

The Remove button is not clickable. How do I uninstall these packages?

Unused voice packages cannot be removed. 1f63e480-4db2-4693-af3a-5647667d9405?upload=true.png

:)

debacler, Feb 24, 2020

2. ovi maps and own voice package

I have download a voice package with "Own Voice for Ovi Maps-app", but i could not select this voice package in Ovi maps. The voice package is not listed.

I use 3.03 Ovi maps.

I can not update or redowld the "Own Voice for Ovi Maps"app.

I use the newest "OviMaps"

What can i do that this app works ?

Has anybody the same problem

Thank you in advance

Mazener---01, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Cannot change speech language from English (United States) and cannot remove English (United States) voice package

Gday Greg,

Step 4 - msconfig - Made no difference

Step 7 - Malwarebytes - No malware detections

Step 10 - sfc and DISM - No corrupted files or images found

Step 16 - Create a Local Admin account - Configured all language and location related settings to Australia. I then tried to change Settings/Time and Language/Speech/Speech Language from English (United States) to English (Australia). On this local user
    it took and remained selected with English (Australia) even after a reboot.

Unfortunately though it would still not let me remove the English (United States) voice package in Settings/Time and Language/Speech/Installed Voice Packages.

I then deleted the local admin account (testing was finished) and logged on with my Microsoft Account. I then reattempted to change Settings/Time and Language/Speech/Speech Language from English (United States) to English (Australia). This time it took and
    remained selected with English (Australia) even after a reboot.

But......now my original problem reappeared that Speech Recognition would not open saying that "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported . The recogniser language must match the language of the user interface.
    Please change the recogniser language in the Speech Recognition control panel under Advanced Options".

If I go into the Speech Recognition control panel and select Advanced speech options I receive the error "The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio
    device."

The Language is "Microsoft Speech Recogniser 8.0 for Windows (English - US)". The other engine is "Microsoft English ASR Version 5 Engine". Selecting the other engine prompts the same error "The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary
    engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device."

Also, Cortana is no longer working at all. It opens saying "Listening" and it does not listen at all and disappears after some seconds.

All my drivers and BIOS are the latest versions.

I did a Repair Install of Windows 10 and for some crazy reason it also installed the English (United Kingdom) voice package. Strangely though I was able to remove that voice package (Don't know why that behaved differently to removing the English (Australia)
    or English (United States) voice packages).

Everything else is as it was.....................problematic.

To any others with a similar problem also be aware that Speech languages are also referred to in:

1) Settings/Ease of Access/Narrator/Personalise Narrator's voice - Having this set to a voice that is in the language that is the voice package you are trying to remove may prevent removing that voice package.

2) Settings/Cortana/Cortana Language - Having this set to the language that is the voice package you are trying to remove may prevent removing that voice package.

Regards,

Flavio

Flavio Bagnato, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Unused voice packages cannot be removed. - Similar Threads - Unused voice packages

2. Cannot install new system voice packages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install new system voice packages.: I am unable to install new voice packages on my system. I have reviewed some similar questions to this, such as this one. But I have not been able to find any recent information on this issue.There are two related places of concern:Settings > Time & language > SpeechUnder...
  3. Cannot install new system voice packages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install new system voice packages.: I am unable to install new voice packages on my system. I have reviewed some similar questions to this, such as this one. But I have not been able to find any recent information on this issue.There are two related places of concern:Settings > Time & language > SpeechUnder...
  4. Problem with voice packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with voice packages: Hello,Im struggling with installing voice recognition. I've installed EnglishUnited States package with speech etc.However my Installed voice packages shows 0mbSame goes to when I go to Accessibility -> Speech and try to turn Windows Speech Recognition to on I got error...
  5. cannot remove or try to download voice packages

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot remove or try to download voice packages: i need help to remove/install voice packageseverytime i click try again, it just not doing anything, alsoi cant remove english us voice packagesthanks...
  6. Can't remove installed voice package

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove installed voice package: [ATTACH] Hi, under Settings > Time & Language > Speech, I was trying to remove the Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) installed voice package, but the "Remove" button is greyed out and doesn't work. I tried checking display languages to see whether I could uninstall it from...
  7. Voice packages and Languages packages

Voice packages and Languages packages: Soo i can't get any voice packes other than the one from my own country i would love to have one from the united states to play the new game i bought "Phasmophopia" i would be extremely happy if someone could help me.. I am fully aware there stands united kingdom on the...
  8. solution: how to remove voice package that cannot be removed

solution: how to remove voice package that cannot be removed: Hi I used to have 2 different English language types on my windows US and Canada in the language bar. I couldn't see it in the language settings. I found out that for English Canada I had only a voice package installed, but I couldn't remove it. Looking in this and other...
  9. Can't remove a voice package

Can't remove a voice package: I cannot remove any package [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-a-voice-package/0ecc8a38-7673-455c-be3e-14e27ea50025
  10. Can't remove a voice package.

Can't remove a voice package.: [ATTACH]Hello, everyone. I installed german keyboard. Now, I can't remove german voice package, because button "remove" inactive. Help me, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-a-voice-package/43142a6c-9b1b-4884-9165-9265e7c94aee