Windows 10: Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

Discus and support Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, it's a very particular question, I have an OEM license that hasn't been used and I would like to use it on another PC other than that which it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Elemkay, May 30, 2019.

1. Elemkay Win User

Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

Hi, it's a very particular question, I have an OEM license that hasn't been used and I would like to use it on another PC other than that which it was intended for. It has never been activated. My understanding is that OEM licenses can be resold to any PC, until they are activated and then they are tied to the PC on which they are activated and can no longer be resold or transferred. Is that correct?

:)

Elemkay, May 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, May 30, 2019
  3. Transferring OEM licenses between PC's

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

That means, the computer with the OEM license has not transfer rights.

Resources:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2019
  4. Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

Andre Da Costa, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

1. Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer - Similar Threads - Unused OEM license

2. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  3. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  4. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OEM Win 10 license transfer

OEM Win 10 license transfer: Hello. 3 years ago I bought a laptop with OEM windows 10 license. 1 year ago I replaced the original HDD with SSD. Now Im thinking about buying a new laptop. My question is: do I need to buy a laptop with preinstalled windows, or is it possible to transfer windows and all...
  6. Transfer OEM license to new notebook?

Transfer OEM license to new notebook?: Hello, I have/had a toshiba qosmio X70-B-11D notebook.Which jsut stopped working and doesnt even boot anymore.However the internal harddrive seems unharmed and the files on it undamagedI can access them on another computer after turning it into an external hard driveso I...
  7. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile: Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license to a new PC: Hi, I moved my OEM license to my new PC, workes fine, invalidated the old pc activation before. Now I’ve upgraded my old pc, formatted it, and reinstalled Windows 10 without license and I intend to sell it. But everytime it boots up into windows, I see windows picking up a...
  9. The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.: On the Internet, I have seen cases of transfer of OEM licenses after motherboard change. Assuming an OEM user has successfully transferred the license via Activation Troubleshooter, is it possible for Microsoft to prosecute them in the future? Does the OEM license agreement...
  10. What to do with unused Windows 8 OEM software/license?

What to do with unused Windows 8 OEM software/license?: Some time ago I purchased an OEM version of Windows 8 intended for system building (SKU: M17-8100), but never got around to using it, and the package remains sealed. It is possible that I will use it before July 29, in which case the new installation would be eligible for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unused windows license