Windows 10: Unusual Account

Discus and support Unusual Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi After seeing a popup message asking me to attend to some account issues, I noticed a new account that has been added but not by me. The account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AFX79, Dec 9, 2019.

1. AFX79 Win User

Unusual Account

Hi

After seeing a popup message asking me to attend to some account issues, I noticed a new account that has been added but not by me. The account name is HolidayCalendars_A0088992-079B-BCCB-8E046D03.....

Can anybody help identify what account this is? Was this added by Microsoft as it seem to appeared after the latest Win10 update 1903.

Appreciate any help with this.....

:)

AFX79, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

Since you have checked your recent activity and confirmed that there were no unusual activities made, please provide us the following information:

• Do you have a new phone from a different provider, or any new apps were installed that might try to sign in using your account?
    • Some apps that sign in on your behalf including email apps and social media apps tied to a Microsoft account.
    • Apps that sign in on your behalf will need to ask for permissions to do so when they are installed, and will prompt you for your Microsoft account and password.
    • Do you remember having to enter your password when you set up any Windows Phone or Windows apps?

If you can't think of any reason why a sign in would occur
    from a different location, we strongly suggest that you reset your password and check for unusual activity on any other accounts that you might have.

If you suspect that your account was compromised, you can do the following:

• If apps, services, or subscriptions were purchased with this account:
    • Sign-in to account.microsoft.com
    • Click Review your purchases and make sure there were no new transactions that you didn't make or expect.
    • Click Billing info and make sure your billing info wasn't changed.
    • If you're using OneDrive to store and share files, photos, or other data:
    • Sign-in to OneDrive.live.com
    • Click Shared on the side menu
    • Review the folders and files that are being shared to make sure files are not being shared with people you don't know or that any shares you made weren't deleted.
    • If you're using an Outlook or Hotmail email account:
    • Sign-in to outlook.com
    • Click the gear-shaped Settings icon, then click Options.
    • Check the following settings and restore any that might have been lost or changed:
    • Check the deleted mail folder and Contacts lists to make sure unusual messages or contacts weren't added, sent, or deleted.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Kerwin Lee, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Unusual Account

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

Thank you for the reply. I have answered your questions in bold.

But I still fail to see why any of the questions/measures apply to my situation when Microsoft's "Review recent activity" log shows no "unusual sign-in activity" whatsoever. There are approximately 20 sessions showing on my activity log currently, and everyone
    single one of them shows them to be: my computer, my IP address, my location, my operating system, my browser; all at times of the day when I was on my computer...

So unless Microsoft's "Review recent activity" page is inaccurate, where on earth is the "unusual sign-in activity" and why am I getting daily emails alerting me to something, that according to Microsoft's "recent activity" log, does not exist?

Thanks for your continued help/efforts,

SR

03/03/17: Update: and, FTR, I got the email again last night, 8 days in a row now. And once again, there is no "unusual sign-in activity" showing in my "recent activity" whatsoever.

Stever-eno, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Unusual Account

1. Unusual Account - Similar Threads - Unusual Account

2. We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account or believe your credentials are...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account or believe your credentials are...: I didn't do anything and no one tried to log in to my account, in the morning everything was fine but suddenly in the afternoon they took out my account and asked for verification, there was only verification with a number but I didn't get the code even though I had used the...
  3. We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account or believe your credentials are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account or believe your credentials are...: I didn't do anything and no one tried to log in to my account, in the morning everything was fine but suddenly in the afternoon they took out my account and asked for verification, there was only verification with a number but I didn't get the code even though I had used the...
  4. We have detected unusual activity on your Microsoft account or believe your credentials are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account Activity - Unauthorized Access Resolved Unusual Activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Activity - Unauthorized Access Resolved Unusual Activity: I had unauthorized access to my Microsoft Account:Handheld device icon 12/7/2023 2:56 AMSuccessful sign-inSeychellesDevice/platformAndroidBrowser/appUnknownIP address2a13:2fc2:3162:6b17:ac89:7be7:6f35:4737Session activityResolved unusual activity.I changed my password and...
  6. Account Activity - Unauthorized Access Resolved Unusual Activity

Account Activity - Unauthorized Access Resolved Unusual Activity: I had unauthorized access to my Microsoft Account:Handheld device icon 12/7/2023 2:56 AMSuccessful sign-inSeychellesDevice/platformAndroidBrowser/appUnknownIP address2a13:2fc2:3162:6b17:ac89:7be7:6f35:4737Session activityResolved unusual activity.I changed my password and...
  7. Multiple account Log-in attempts from unusual sources.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple account Log-in attempts from unusual sources.: I recently just got an alert through my notifications on Gmail on IOS at around 2:30AM stating that my account had experienced some unusual activities. so I open the message up, still have complete access to everything so I got onto my PC. I check recent login activities and...
  8. Multiple account Log-in attempts from unusual sources.

Multiple account Log-in attempts from unusual sources.: I recently just got an alert through my notifications on Gmail on IOS at around 2:30AM stating that my account had experienced some unusual activities. so I open the message up, still have complete access to everything so I got onto my PC. I check recent login activities and...
  9. Multiple account Log-in attempts from unusual sources.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my microsoft account okay after unusual activity detected twice within 24 hours?: In the last 24 hours, I have gotten two emails from Microsoft telling me there was unusual activity with a successful sign into my account both times. The first time, I changed my password, and a couple minutes later I checked the activity feed and the unusual activity was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. holidaycalendars_a0088992

2. HolidayCalendars_A0088992-079B-BCCB-8E046D03

3. what is HolidayCalendars_A0088992