Windows 10: Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10

Discus and support Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am experiencing numerous repetitive sounds with no luck tracking down the source. The sounds often come in pairs at random times. The sounds were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ron Kansas, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10

I am experiencing numerous repetitive sounds with no luck tracking down the source. The sounds often come in pairs at random times. The sounds were more frequent this morning than previous. I have disabled all notification sounds in Setttings to no avail. I have captured the sound and can transmit if you like - just let me know how that is done.

:)

Ron Kansas, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, May 23, 2020
  4. Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10

1. Unusual and frequent sounds - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unusual frequent sounds

2. Unusually slow computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusually slow computer.: Hello, I'm here to ask for assistance once again. Lately, whenever I try and access anything through the internet, play a game online, or even try to just load up a photo...my system usage spikes. I don't know why this happens, and quite frankly, it interferes with many...
  3. Unusual Error On Startup!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unusual Error On Startup!: Whenever I turn on my computer, I get this error. It has been appearing for almost two weeks now, and since it first appeared every file that I open that is affiliated with some app, for .mp4 files open with vlc player, whenever I open the file, it takes several minutes for...
  4. Unusual Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual Account: Hi After seeing a popup message asking me to attend to some account issues, I noticed a new account that has been added but not by me. The account name is HolidayCalendars_A0088992-079B-BCCB-8E046D03..... Can anybody help identify what account this is? Was this added by...
  5. Windows showing unusual behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows showing unusual behaviour.: Recently I was notified that I should be updated (1809) and moreover the whole laptop was showing unusual behaviour. I eventually updated and after that the system has been showing unusual behaviour of which are -The texts dissapear from incons, task manager and all...
  6. Unusual Power Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Power Behaviour.: The last two days, my laptop has been failing to power up on mains, the only work around for now is having to do a re-boot before it will kick in on the mains supply, I haven't changed any settings, or never been in or near the BIOS. Once I have done a re-boot, the mains...
  7. internet unusually slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet unusually slow: Internet is much slower than usual on my pc, it has been going on for roughly 2 months. My iphone 7 is capable of getting 60+ mpbs whilst my pc which used to get the same started getting below 18 mbps even up to 0.23 mbps. It has baffled me and after searching everywherere...
  8. Unusual Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unusual Windows Update Problem: Actually, enough testing/ Seems solved. A great tool! Thanks, Ben. ~Bob
  9. Windows 10 crashing frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?
  10. Unusual streaming problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual streaming problem.: I have just installed the Spotify App on Windows 10 but since I did this Radio streaming has been acting up. I use the TuneIn App to stream radio stations but this has recently been updated by Windows Store and no longer works.I put the lack of streaming with TuneIn App due...