Windows 10: Unusual Boot Problems

Discus and support Unusual Boot Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Haven't used the computer for a few days, and now it was very difficult for it to boot. I reset the computer a few times to get into advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lister de Vitré, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Unusual Boot Problems

Haven't used the computer for a few days, and now it was very difficult for it to boot.

I reset the computer a few times to get into advanced troubleshooting, but all I had to do was continue to windows 10. The automatic repair feature said it failed and that I should check C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail. I found my way there and clicked in.

It showed that I had restarted the computer several times and gave me the error code 0x0.

At the very bottom of SrtTrail it said that bootres.dll is corrupt. At this point I searched it up and found a whole lot of "Reset your entire PC", or "Just use this PC Repair Toolkit", but I feel that there must be a better way to fix this.

Can I just download a proper bootres.dll and replace the faulty one with it? I'm fairly certain that it isn't a driver issue, but I could be wrong. I'm running Windows 10, newest edition, and I could post the specs of my computer if that's any help.

I'm really lost, as this is the first time I've actually asked a question on a forum such as this; any help would be appreciated.

:)

Lister de Vitré, Oct 23, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 23, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Edgars Win User

Unusual Boot Problems

Problem at boot up

Okey, ill try to remove my oc, but its really hard to tell if it will fix the problem, because as i said it happens randomly, not on every boot up. If its my oc, what might be the problem? My pc is also new, its almost 2 months old.

Edgars, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Unusual Boot Problems

1. Unusual Boot Problems - Similar Threads - Unusual Boot Problems

2. A very strange and unusual problems about apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    A very strange and unusual problems about apps: so i was working with my computer just fine, when i was about to open a program that doesn't contains GUI only command prompt interface supported by that program. yes, as you might expect. i'm opening cmd then a two windows cmd come. but i requested to start only one command...
  3. Unusual 'Sticky Keys' problem - any ideas?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual 'Sticky Keys' problem - any ideas?: Hi, I have a client that uses the 'Sticky keys' to help him navigate around a PC as he has lost both hands. The 'sticky keys' allow him to use the Numeric keypad to move the cursor around the screen, then use No. 5 to select the item he has the cursor over and then the...
  4. Unusual Fullscreen Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual Fullscreen Problem: I've encountered whats seems to be a problem that isn't very common since I can't find anything about it. Whenever I put any type of video (whether it be YouTube or an mp4 on my computer) into fullscreen it runs at like 15 frames but goes back to normal once it's windowed. It...
  5. BSOD into unusual errors/problems.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD into unusual errors/problems.: So about 3 nights ago I was using my desktop and was randomly met with a BSOD(unfortunately the screen went by too fast and I wasn't thinking to see the error code). I went to bed thinking everything would be fine but when I booted up my PC the next day and I was met with an...
  6. unusual HP printing problem with win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unusual HP printing problem with win 10: my edition of windows 10 is vs 1903 . when I open up a doc or email the printer works fine., if I do a screen grab to .png - it will not print when fully open on the screen using my HP printer officejet 5255 . .. but if I save it to a file and then go to that- folder / file...
  7. Unusual Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unusual Windows Update Problem: Actually, enough testing/ Seems solved. A great tool! Thanks, Ben. ~Bob
  8. Unusually long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusually long boot time: I can't quite get a handle on this issue. Why would having USB drives attached to system increase boot time from 8 seconds to 110 seconds? Never happened on old 560 box, but does on new 3847. Dell says, "That's the way it is". Sounds odd. Nothing in UEFI/BIOS for any...
  9. Very unusual RAM problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very unusual RAM problem: Hello folks, I'm having a minor issue here. I'm running Windows 10, and ever since I've been running it I've encountered this in Task Manager. Now I noticed it says compressed, but I'm still unsure on wether or not my system is actually functioning properly. [img]...
  10. Unusual streaming problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual streaming problem.: I have just installed the Spotify App on Windows 10 but since I did this Radio streaming has been acting up. I use the TuneIn App to stream radio stations but this has recently been updated by Windows Store and no longer works.I put the lack of streaming with TuneIn App due...