Windows 10: Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error

Discus and support Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! When most advanced users see a BSOD with the infamous "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error, we mostly suspect a bad RAM module or a hard disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spapakons, Apr 4, 2020.

1. spapakons Win User

Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error

Hello!

When most advanced users see a BSOD with the infamous "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error, we mostly suspect a bad RAM module or a hard disk failure. That's mostly true, but I currently had this BSOD any time I restarted my PC for a rather unusual cause!

Every time I restarted my PC I had difficulty loading Windows again because of this BSOD. Windows failed to load and restarted before showing any BSOD, so I did not know the issue before. After 2-3 attempts, Troubleshoot Manager would start and try to load Windows. Even that would not succeed at the first time, only the second!

At first I thought something is wrong with Windows (since I could not see any BSOD), so I used both SFC and DISM recovery commands without success. I use this PC mostly for e-mails and office work, so I had turned off the speakers not to disturb the neighbors when using my PC. Today I wanted to play a video file and I turned on the speakers, but could not hear any sound. I tried the speakers at my smartphone and I found they are OK. I reinstalled the audio drivers but still no sound from the PC.

I then saw that some applications where frozen and I could not end task them, Task Manager also froze. I then suspected something was wrong with my audio card (an old SoundBlaster Audigy PCI), so I shutdown my PC and removed the card. Upon startup the PC loaded Windows without a single hiccup, so that what was causing the BSOD in the first place! Weird eh? I now resorted to the onboard Realtek HD, but I could upgrade to a better sound card some time later.

I wrote this post to inform others that if you see the "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error and anything else fails, look for faulty devices. Windows tried unsuccessfully to allocate resources for the faulty device and hence this kind of BSOD.

Thank you for reading.

:)

spapakons, Apr 4, 2020

2. Error: IRQL Not Less or Equal

Solution for the error IRQL Not less or Equal

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

ishangoyal, Apr 4, 2020
  3. JesseLman Win User
    BSOD - IRQL Not Less or Equal Error

I've been getting BSODs every few days recently with IRQL Not Less or Equal errors. Following the procedures

from this Microsoft Answer
    , I ran Driver Verifier. I got repeated BSODs at that point (with no .sys file listed in the error, unfortunately), and had to restore from a System Restore point to get back into Windows.

My Minidump file is linked here:
    https://rg.to/file/dbb5141b2be49325b51a1a90269ec177/Minidump_022518-9515-01.rar.html

Please let me know if I need to include any other information in order for to diagnose the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JesseLman, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error

BSOD Bad Object Header and irql not less or equal

Add another irql not less or equal to the list

another minidump

121019-8859-01.rar

Jadeonking, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error

1. Unusual culprit irql not less or equal error - Similar Threads - Unusual culprit irql

2. ERROR: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: So. I have an ACER Aspire a515-45. And a few days ago, it started crashing. I thought it was the APU because there was no image, then there was a glitched image so I thought maybe replacing thermal paste and cleaning the fan would fix the problem... Well it didn't so I...
  3. ERROR: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: So. I have an ACER Aspire a515-45. And a few days ago, it started crashing. I thought it was the APU because there was no image, then there was a glitched image so I thought maybe replacing thermal paste and cleaning the fan would fix the problem... Well it didn't so I...
  4. irql not less or equal

irql not less or equal: Hey, I dont quite understand how to analyze the dmp file, can anyone help me and tell me if theres any clue as to what can be crashing my pc?Im uploading the dmp file.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eu4sHE5y3shHq0j8EKfmJrx75nvXj1Ec/view?usp=sharing...
  5. IRQl NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQl NOT LESS OR EQUAL: This keeps botherim me a lot recently especially after updates. Here is the minidump link please help me: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av2uzHzl7-NMgZMqhyIkCEYiJ7LNhg?e=ipQmH6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irql-not-less-or-equal/72e83c08-d0dd-4b83-8c90-557903394274
  6. "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" Error: Hi everyone, really need your help to solve my mystery.I encouncter the "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error in a frequent manner and was unable to solve it even though I performed the following:-Reinstall the drivers-Perform a System RestoreI attached my minidump in the following...
  7. "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" Error

"IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" Error: Hi everyone, really need your help to solve my mystery.I encouncter the "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" error in a frequent manner and was unable to solve it even though I performed the following:-Reinstall the drivers-Perform a System RestoreI attached my minidump in the following...
  8. IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL not less or equal: Hello,I am randomly getting an IRQL not less or equal error. I have tried doing a factory reset on my PC and it still is happening, below is the event log if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date:...
  9. irql not less or equal

irql not less or equal: Good day. Randomly, I encounter bsod "irql not less or equal", sometimes with a phrase "netio.sys", or in some cases, the pc randomly freezes. this only happened in the past 2 weeks. can someone help me to fix this problem?I already tried the following:- reseat the ram and...
  10. IRQL Not less or equal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL Not less or equal error: Hello, I got a new pc a month ago. Randomly I get this bsod irql not less or equal with no code after it. It started off maybe once every few days or more, but now it seems to be maybe once a day. I am running a game at this time, however it is pretty much always...