Windows 10: unusual delay when shuting down PC

Discus and support unusual delay when shuting down PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, on my 6700K rig I've noticed today unusual delay when I click to shutdown PC,and for sure it wasn't like this before. Immediately monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frozensun, Feb 3, 2021.

1. frozensun Win User

unusual delay when shuting down PC

Hi guys,
    on my 6700K rig I've noticed today unusual delay when I click to shutdown PC,and for sure it wasn't like this before.
    Immediately monitor turns off but rig not,there is like almost 1 min delay for rig to power off after I clicked shutdown in W10,even after first power ON (no programs running,just desktop).
    What could cause such issue?
    I suspect it's WI-FI card built into motherboard,I mean wi-fi connection,but not sure.
    I know usually wifi makes those kinda hangs/delays when power on/off.

:)

frozensun, Feb 3, 2021

2. mouse and touch pad delay

Hello Khristopher,

To help you resolve the mouse and touchpad delay on your Windows 10 PC, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the delay start to happen?
    • Were there changes made prior to the matter at hand?
    • Have you recently installed updates on your PC?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the case at bar?

We will be waiting for your immediate response.

Vanessa Oca, Feb 3, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 3, 2021
  4. unusual delay when shuting down PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

unusual delay when shuting down PC

1. unusual delay when shuting down PC - Similar Threads - unusual delay shuting

2. PC screen freezing and PC shuting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen freezing and PC shuting down: Hi, I am having issues with my computer. From time to time, I cannot connect it to a particular event usually when I am playing games though, my computer is freezing and I have to manually reboot it. I went into event logs and it show 8 hardware errors and 1 unplanned...
  3. PC screen freezing and PC shuting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen freezing and PC shuting down: Hi, I am having issues with my computer. From time to time, I cannot connect it to a particular event usually when I am playing games though, my computer is freezing and I have to manually reboot it. I went into event logs and it show 8 hardware errors and 1 unplanned...
  4. PC screen freezing and PC shuting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC keeps shuting down, faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps shuting down, faster: Hi,My PC randomly crashed, while i was playing CP77.I then restarted it, which worked, but it would keep turning off, just going out like pulling the power supply.This would keep happening faster, so less and less time between starting and just turning off, not even fully...
  6. PC keeps shuting down, faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps shuting down, faster: Hi,My PC randomly crashed, while i was playing CP77.I then restarted it, which worked, but it would keep turning off, just going out like pulling the power supply.This would keep happening faster, so less and less time between starting and just turning off, not even fully...
  7. PC keeps shuting down, faster

8. Pc shuting down after entering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuting down after entering a game: Whenever i try to open a game like minecraft on my Intel HD Graphics Card laptop,it randomly shuts down,its dosn't show a screen saying that is turning off,it just turn all black.Also,my pc has a batery problem when i pull off the charger i just shuts down....
  9. unusual delay when shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unusual delay when shutting down PC: Hi guys, on my 6700K rig I've noticed today unusual delay when I click to shutdown PC,and for sure it wasn't like this before. Immediately monitor turns off but rig not,there is like almost 1 min delay for rig to power off after I clicked shutdown in W10,even after first...
  10. whidows not shuting down

whidows not shuting down: hello I have a toshiba u500 from 2009 with 4GB ram and T4200 cpu and GMA4500M gpu no battery. when I want to shutdown my laptop all systems stop working but the cpu fan keeps running and if I force it to shut down the windows starts much slower with a failure report and if...