Windows 10: Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

Discus and support Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesJoey, Nov 10, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine.
    Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most.

Is there a place in Edge were I can manage auto-fill??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Waddat Win User

how to clear email address auto-population

Hi,

when you start typing an email address into a new composed email, the application starts auto-suggestions of previously used emails and whatever is in the contacts.

If you mis-spelled an email once and sent an email to that address, that address still appears. How can you clear that list.

In Outlook for example you can just move arrow down on the auto-suggestion and hit delete. The same also works in IE or Firefox browsers if you want to delete auto-suggestions on previously used fields.

Cheers,

P

Waddat, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List?

On Mail App, the Auto-Complete List displays suggestions for names and email addresses as you start to type in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. These suggestions are derived from names and email addresses that you have typed before.

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List on my Windows Phone 7.5 (Nokia Lumia 800C)?

加文(Gavin), Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

1. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill - Similar Threads - Unusual Email Address

2. deleting auto fill email names in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting auto fill email names in windows 10 mail: I know there has been a lot on this subject with the outcome being something along the lines of "you cannot delete or amend email names in Mail". I just want to say firstly, is there an answer now to this big programming fault and secondly, why I think it ought to be fixed....
  3. Auto Fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Fill: I guess I am not explaining my problem properly, I was trying to fill out a firm from Utah to request a travel guide and the second I hit once of the keys I was kicked out of the site out of the internet and back to my page showing my applications, there was no reason why and...
  4. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email addresses: Recently changes from Windows 7 to Windows10 and now all of my email addresses and contacts have disappeared. How do I find them again?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/39a22e1f-af51-46f8-bd27-b9ccfc35d616
  5. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Browsers and Email
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...
  6. Email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address: How do I allocate my email address to the Photo viewer. So can attach a photo to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/37d05dd8-beea-4138-8756-c645ddd07ba1
  7. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: When I change an email address in "people" and then go to use it in "Mail" I get the old one. I check in "People" again and I get the new and all of the old email addresses. What's up Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage...
  8. "Auto-fill" in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Auto-fill" in Edge?: My Win10 has been upgraded to the AU 1607 and runs very well I use Yahoo email - 2 accounts When I use EDGE which is my default browser, my log in names have to be typed in instead of being automatically selected When I use IE11, my log-in names are automatically...
  9. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419
  10. Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser incorrectly auto-inserting web address: Hi everyone, my title may be a bit confusing but I have to idea how to make a title for the issue I'm having. So, I'm sure you all know how when you begin to type in a website edge will fill in the rest and if you hit enter it will take you to that website. For example,...