Windows 10: Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

Discus and support Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Nov 10, 2018.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine.
    Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most.

Is there a place in Edge were I can manage auto-fill??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Waddat Win User

how to clear email address auto-population

Hi,

when you start typing an email address into a new composed email, the application starts auto-suggestions of previously used emails and whatever is in the contacts.

If you mis-spelled an email once and sent an email to that address, that address still appears. How can you clear that list.

In Outlook for example you can just move arrow down on the auto-suggestion and hit delete. The same also works in IE or Firefox browsers if you want to delete auto-suggestions on previously used fields.

Cheers,

P

Waddat, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List?

On Mail App, the Auto-Complete List displays suggestions for names and email addresses as you start to type in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. These suggestions are derived from names and email addresses that you have typed before.

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List on my Windows Phone 7.5 (Nokia Lumia 800C)?

加文(Gavin), Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

1. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill - Similar Threads - Unusual Email Address

2. Auto fill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fill: HiMy auto fill with my name and address stopped working passwords auto fill OKhow do i correct so my name address autofill?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOESI did switch ISP dont know if that did it...
  3. Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address: Hi,How can i remove this auto fill email address in One drive in Windows 10 please refer this screenshot https://prnt.sc/vPR8MA1U7bGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-windows-10-remove-auto-fill-email-address/d729eb5a-f61c-4e6d-955c-f69f1a98b6d8
  4. Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Windows 10 Remove Auto Fill Email Address: Hi,How can i remove this auto fill email address in One drive in Windows 10 please refer this screenshot https://prnt.sc/vPR8MA1U7bGO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-windows-10-remove-auto-fill-email-address/d729eb5a-f61c-4e6d-955c-f69f1a98b6d8
  5. Email auto fill addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email auto fill addresses: Hi, when I type the first letters of my email especially when I want to log into Facebook, three email addresses pop up to choose from. My problem is that one of them is a mistype from somewhere and I want to delete it can you advise. My friend also has similar problem when...
  6. auto fill in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto fill in: When logging into an app - how to auto fill in email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-in/6ba2a221-bfff-43e5-8d62-d8efa605e32d
  7. Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge: How to import auto fill forms into edge: Please Help: I have the older version of Edge (not chromium) and I want to know how to import auto fill forms into edge from an exported json file? When I go into settings, passwords & autofill, auto fill, manage forms all it shows is export, not import. [Kinda defeats the...
  8. Auto Fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Fill: When using Windows 10 and Microsoft Explorer (not Chrome), where can I find the "auto fill" application? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill/8195866f-cda8-4d79-b545-10668a65d223
  9. Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Email Address in Edge Auto-Fill: Whenever I click on an unwanted email in my email client 'Unsubscribe' and then click the email box on the site in Edge, the auto-fill shows an email other than mine. Doesn't happen on all email links to unsubscribe, but most. Is there a place in Edge were I can manage...
  10. "Auto-fill" in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Auto-fill" in Edge?: My Win10 has been upgraded to the AU 1607 and runs very well I use Yahoo email - 2 accounts When I use EDGE which is my default browser, my log in names have to be typed in instead of being automatically selected When I use IE11, my log-in names are automatically...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto typing of email address