Windows 10: Unusual entries in Notication

Discus and support Unusual entries in Notication in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi If I look on SETTINGS | SYSTEM | NOTIFICATIONS there are a few unusual entries: [img] Anyone have anything similar on their machine or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fiendish, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Fiendish Win User

Unusual entries in Notication

Hi

If I look on SETTINGS | SYSTEM | NOTIFICATIONS there are a few unusual entries:

Unusual entries in Notication [​IMG]

Anyone have anything similar on their machine or any idea as to what they may be?

Tim

:)

Fiendish, Aug 9, 2015
  2. d0gknees Win User

Registry Key Duplicated

What lead you to look at this entry? What is the problem you're trying to solve? There's nothing unusual about the information you posted.

d0gknees, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    Bootsector/Rootkit virus cannot be removed with clean install?

"Is it possible that the virus in that computer could have infected the recovery CD?" -> Yes

I would suggest a USB rather then a CD, to burn the media to, it's usually faster....... It is very important to create the install Media from a safe, secure computer.

unusual entries...

What are the unusual entries? -> i don't see unusual entries..

scanregw.exe is not part of Win10

"Microsoft has pulled the plug on scanreg.exe and scanregw.exe. They have discontinued it since Windows Vista (or maybe even since XP, they don't say on their Knowledge Base website)."

don't have scanregw.exe on my pc windows says file not found

Monkey57, Aug 9, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I have the same - it is a bug.

Take the GUID and look in regedit....

lx07, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Fiendish Win User
    Thankshalasz

Yeh, I'd found them in regedit but nowhere else. Glad (if you know what I mean) that someone else has them too*Wink

Tim

Fiendish, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unusual entries in Notication - Similar Threads - Unusual entries Notication

2. Update is ready notice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update is ready notice: Running Win 10 Pro Version 1803. Keep on getting a small widow with: Update is ready. "Update and benefit from enhancements and fixes." How do I know it is a legit update or something else. [ATTACH]...
  3. Activation notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation notice: I have Windows 10 Pro installed. I just received notification that I have to activate it. It states Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I don't have an organization activation service. If I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows, can I use the...
  4. Activation notice

in Windows 10 Support
    Activation notice: I have Windows 10 Pro installed. I just received notification that I have to activate it. It states Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I don't have an organization activation service. If I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows, can I use the...
  5. are notices for dsl.driver real?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    are notices for dsl.driver real?: All my Win 10 64 pro PCs are getting popups that tell me dsl.driver cannot be installed because it is unsigned. Is this a scam or do I really need the dsl.driver and need to take the steps to allow installation of unsign driver. thank you, john 87630
  6. Unusually long boot time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unusually long boot time: I can't quite get a handle on this issue. Why would having USB drives attached to system increase boot time from 8 seconds to 110 seconds? Never happened on old 560 box, but does on new 3847. Dell says, "That's the way it is". Sounds odd. Nothing in UEFI/BIOS for any...
  7. An unusual clock glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    An unusual clock glitch: This started on April Fool's Day, so I thought Microsoft was messing with me or something. It's not really a problem per se just something weird. What's happening is that AM and PM are now reversed letters. So it says MA in the morning and MP in the evening. And I've tried...
  8. noticications

in Windows 10 Support
    noticications: Hi how do you stop windows 10 from popping up the yes/no box asking you if you want to run or install a program as I find it a real pain. any help would be great 90656
  9. Unusual Message at Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Message at Startup: Since creators update was installed a couple of days ago, I've been seeing this message on the screen during boot up, "Scanning and repairing drive , (followed by a bunch of things in parentheses), then ending with 100%" Then the machine finishes booting up. This happens all...
  10. Unusual streaming problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual streaming problem.: I have just installed the Spotify App on Windows 10 but since I did this Radio streaming has been acting up. I use the TuneIn App to stream radio stations but this has recently been updated by Windows Store and no longer works.I put the lack of streaming with TuneIn App due...