Windows 10: Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior

Discus and support Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently i've had some strange issues with my computer waking from hibernate. I'm running a 6600k Gtx 1070 setup. The first time *yesterday* after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobLeSaget, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior

Recently i've had some strange issues with my computer waking from hibernate. I'm running a 6600k Gtx 1070 setup. The first time *yesterday* after waking from hibernate my graphics card? or driver did not start up or something. The screen never got a signal and i was forced to shut off my computer and turn it back on, but oddly i kept my hibernation state after restarting that way.

A couple days before that i had an issue where the nvidia driver crashed/recovered a couple times after waking over a period of around 10-15 seconds.

Today however when i woke up from hibernate it was my USB mouse that did not start up properly. It did not light up at all and i had to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work.

Does windows 10 normally have strange wake from hibernate behaviors?

:)

BobLeSaget, Oct 18, 2016
  2. TomHaws Win User

Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

When I put Windows 10 to sleep, then wake it up within a few minutes, it wakes up promptly as expected after a sleep. And it wakes up if I tap my keyboard, which also is expected.

But if I come back to wake the computer after a long time, it appears to have settled into hibernation.

1. The keyboard will not wake it up. I have to press the power button.

2. The manufacturer startup screen is displayed like on hibernation resume, and the resumption takes a long time sometimes.

Why does sleep turn into hibernation? Can I stop this behavior? All of the above happens while my Dell laptop is plugged in continuously.

Tom

TomHaws, Oct 18, 2016
  3. WOL Wake on Lan not working after upgrade from windows 8.1

Hi Chris and Jessen P,

The setting for the soft off S5 state if your bios supports it:

Look at this artikel:

System Power States (Windows)

It claims:

"Wake-on-LAN behavior

The wake-on-LAN (WOL) feature wakes the computer from a low power state when a network adapter detects a WOL event (typically, a specially constructed Ethernet packet).

The default shutdown behavior puts the system into hybrid shutdown (S4) and all devices are put into D3. Remote wake from hybrid shutdown (S4) or classic shutdown (S5) is completely unsupported. NICs are explicitly not armed for
    wake in both the classic shutdown (S5) and hybrid shutdown (S4) cases because users expect zero power consumption and battery drain in the shutdown state. This behavior removes the possibility of spurious wakes when explicit shutdown was requested.
    As a result, Wake-On-LAN is only ever supported from sleep (S3) or hibernate (S4).

Hybrid shutdown (S4) stops user sessions but the contents of kernel sessions are written to hard disk. This enables faster boot. "

But that is not true:

1. Update your driver from the vendor site

2. If you have the option to enable wake on link you can shut your pc down and wake it by WOL.

3. Standy and hibernation should work if you apply the settings of Jessen P.

Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior [​IMG]

Hope this helps you or someone else.

Kind regards,

isee2it.nl

Martijn Kamminga, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior

1. Unusual Hibernate Wake Behavior - Similar Threads - Unusual Hibernate Wake

2. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  3. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client: Hello, I am asking if anyone knows this particular issue I am having concerning local IP address assignment. Basically, whenever my machine connects to WiFi, it reports as having no internet. Going into the event viewer, there are multiple logs from the dhcp client about IP...
  4. Unusual Behavior from DHCP-Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unusual PC Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual PC Behavior: Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk...
  6. Unusual PC Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual PC Behavior: Hello. I have been having problems with my computer constantly freezing and crashing. I have tried many things to fix this issue, including:1. Cleaning my registry with trusted software2. Updating all of my drivers,3. Removing junk files4. Using the sfc/ scannow and dskchk...
  7. Unusual Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual Screen Behavior: Hello everyone! I was encountering this problem not too long ago with my Windows 10 Acer Aspire A514-53. Every time I turn on my PC, a straight horizontal purple line at the bottom part of the screen keeps on blinking and lasts for at least 30 seconds or more. This behavior...
  8. Unusual hard disk behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unusual hard disk behavior: The last week or so my laptop has had a lot of unusual disk activity. It used to be behave such that unless there was a background scan running or an app was actively being loaded, the hard drive was idle. Now it's constantly making noises as if it's running. It will do be...
  9. Change in Wake and Hibernation behavior in v1703

in Windows 10 Support
    Change in Wake and Hibernation behavior in v1703: In Windows 7 and for the entire life of W10 I have used the command cmd.exe /c "exit" to awaken one of my computers at 0600 each morning. I hibernate the computer each evening when done using it. The computer would awaken at 0600 and stay awake. Since installing v1703 the...
  10. Strange behavior after waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange behavior after waking from hibernate: Lately my computer has been doing strange things after waking from hibernate. The first time 2 days ago after waking from hibernate my monitor did not wake up and just remained a black screen, yet after i restarted the computer it acted as if i had just woken it and the...