Windows 10: unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls

Discus and support unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI all, am trying to fix a family PC with a 3 in 1 HP . its all good so far. sudden recent scanner fail- message is scanner not detected or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikkyg, Nov 23, 2022.

1. mikkyg Win User

unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls

HI all, am trying to fix a family PC with a 3 in 1 HP . its all good so far. sudden recent scanner fail- message is scanner not detected or not compatible.did all usual things, check cords/cables -replugged, rebooted..etc. looked at My PC, printers/scanners, checked Device manger- drivers- already the best loaded. did a reload of full software off HP site. didn't help. ran defender offline to look for malware- nothing relevant. one small low risk- quarantined used most methods i could think of. no go. also wont scan using dialog box on print/scanner itself. ok, got serious...next -CHK

:)

mikkyg, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Zaki_j Win User

HP Printer Offline and Slow to Print

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline and there is a delay in printing.

1. Did this issue started recently? If yes, then what are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

HP Print and Scan Doctor is an application software from HP that can help you eliminate any issues with your HP Printer or Scanner Devices. If you are having commons problem with your HP printer or scanner
    you can download, install and run HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility to easily scan for the error and troubleshoot them automatically.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you download and run the
    HP Print and Scan Doctor and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Method 2:

If your printer is slow to print, I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    HP Printers - Slow Printing (Windows)

Additional Information:

Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027988/windows-10-change-a-printers-status-from-offline-to-online

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Mike#4229 Win User
    finger print scanner

finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please.

Mike#4229, Nov 23, 2022
  4. cbiweb Win User

Cannot print after rolling back to Win10 from Win11

I have an HP OfficeJet 3830 printer.

The Issue:
    I upgraded my fully updated Windows 10 Home x64 desktop to Windows 11 a few days ago, but then rolled back to Windows 10 yesterday.
    Ever since the rollback, I cannot print from that machine.
    My other two computers print just fine (all from the same printer of course. unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail!  help pls :) )
    Any type of document or Web page or whatever, will not print.
    When I click the Print button, and nothing happens.
    It's as if I had clicked and empty space.
    And there is nothing in the print cue.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    Please take the time to read through this to avoid suggesting something I already tried. unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail!  help pls :)
    • Shut the printer down and turned it on again.
    • Shut the printer down, unplugged it for a couple minutes, then reconnected and started it up again.
    • Checked the default status of the printer; it is default
    • Rebooting the computer doesn't help.
    • Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\OfficeJet > Properties > Remove Device
    • Windows Setting > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Add a printer or scanner (printer was added without issue)
    • Windows Setting > Devices > Printers & Scanners > OfficeJet > Click the 'Manage' button >
      • Print a test page.
        • Nothing happens. Zero Zilch Nada.
      • Run the troubleshooter:
        • Troubleshooter says there are no problems.
      • Printer Properties > General tab > Print Test Page
        • Dialog says "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?" I clicked No because I already ran the Troubleshooter.
      • Printer Properties > Sharing tab
        • Sharing On or Off makes no difference.
      • Printer Properties > all other tabs
        • nothing looks out of the ordinary.
      • Printing Preferences: brings up the usual window with various options for printing.
      • Hardware Properties (this opens the same window you get when going through Device Manager):
        • General tab > Device Status: This device is working properly
    • Tried updating the drivers via Device Manager, but "Windows determined that the best driver for my device is already installed".
    • Went to the HP website for the drivers and installed them: No change.
    • Restarted the print spooler.
    • Reset the print spooler.
    • Ran the system file checker: No problems found.

Full computer specs are in 'My Computers > System Two'.

cbiweb, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls - Similar Threads - unusual print scanner

2. unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls: HI all, am trying to fix a family PC with a 3 in 1 HP . its all good so far. sudden recent scanner fail- message is scanner not detected or not compatible.did all usual things, check cords/cables -replugged, rebooted..etc. looked at My PC, printers/scanners, checked Device...
  3. unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unusual HP print/scanner problem-CHKDSK fail! help pls: HI all, am trying to fix a family PC with a 3 in 1 HP . its all good so far. sudden recent scanner fail- message is scanner not detected or not compatible.did all usual things, check cords/cables -replugged, rebooted..etc. looked at My PC, printers/scanners, checked Device...
  4. backlight problem pls help

in Windows 10 Customization
    backlight problem pls help: how can i turn on my lights on the laptop it doesnt work fn+f3/f4 can someone help me woth that? i have a asus rog strix laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-problem-pls-help/c8777b01-0b14-4df0-94cb-e1d2bef5700e
  5. Pls help "problem with XMRig"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pls help "problem with XMRig": I don't even know what a XMRig is. It opens automatically every time I start computer and if I close it, it reopens. When I open task manager it disappears. It is not in startup programs and I can't find it using search. My ram is only 4GB and as soon as this program started...
  6. Pls Help / Mic Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pls Help / Mic Problems: i have a laptop Acer Aspire ES1-523 , windows 10. i has only one jack so im using a jack splitter and i inserted the external microphone and the external headphones. The problem is that my laptop picks up the audio coming out of the headphones ( the "listen to this device" is...
  7. HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP ENVY FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING: After a recent update, my fingerprint scanner does not work on my HP ENVY x360 running Windows 10. I have done all of the recommendation, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Made sure I had all the recent updates, yet Windows Hello Fingerprint still stats that this...
  8. unusual HP printing problem with win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unusual HP printing problem with win 10: my edition of windows 10 is vs 1903 . when I open up a doc or email the printer works fine., if I do a screen grab to .png - it will not print when fully open on the screen using my HP printer officejet 5255 . .. but if I save it to a file and then go to that- folder / file...
  9. Finger print scanner on hp envy

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print scanner on hp envy: I have windows 10 and window hello installed. But when I set it up I didn't activate the fingerprint scanner it said I could do it later. Later, i went into the sign in section in setting and found that windows hello was activated. The option for the facial recognition was...
  10. ADMINISTRATOR PROBLEM pls help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ADMINISTRATOR PROBLEM pls help: The first email address i used for my microsoft account is no longer accessible so i wanted to change it to my current email add. So i made a new account on my PC (WIN 10), and transferred the admin rights to the new account. But apparently after i did, i accidentally deleted...