Windows 10: Unusual icons on disk drives

Discus and support Unusual icons on disk drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AbdullahTahir001, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Unusual icons on disk drives

Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve my issue.Thanks in advance

:)

AbdullahTahir001, Apr 22, 2022
  2. THX1138 Win User

Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the list has to be refreshed, even though I just refreshed it.

Unusual icons on disk drives [​IMG]

THX1138, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Unusual hard disk behavior

I have power options set to never turn the hard disk off. So far the drive hasn't been shutting off, but the constant activity has continued.

This is my task manager processes sorted by most disk activity:

I also ran the Western Digital Diagnostics app and it passed the tests as you can see here:

As suggested I'm in the process of backing up my drive, but I would certainly prefer it not die on me. *Sad

TeeJay3800, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Unusual icons on disk drives

HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

Unusual icons on disk drives

1. Unusual icons on disk drives - Similar Threads - Unusual icons disk

2. Unusually large folders on disk hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusually large folders on disk hard drive.: I have a very slow Dell laptop. It uses a 900 GB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 disc hard drive which I have read can be slow. I have it almost two thirds full and most of that data are in three stangely named folders with many files either 221,184 KB or 1 KB in size. These folders are a...
  3. Unusually large folders on disk hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusually large folders on disk hard drive.: I have a very slow Dell laptop. It uses a 900 GB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 disc hard drive which I have read can be slow. I have it almost two thirds full and most of that data are in three stangely named folders with many files either 221,184 KB or 1 KB in size. These folders are a...
  4. Unusually large folders on disk hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unusual icons on disk drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusual icons on disk drives: Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve my issue.Thanks in advance...
  6. Unusual icons on disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual icons on disk drives: Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve my issue.Thanks in advance...
  7. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  8. Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB drive appearing in Disk Management with unusual symbol: I have a bootable USB drive plugged into my PC and although it shows up in Disk Management, it doesn't show up in My Computer. Why does it have a weird symbol? It's the second drive in the list in Disk Management. Disk Management won't let me assign a drive letter, saying the...
  9. Unusual hard disk behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unusual hard disk behavior: The last week or so my laptop has had a lot of unusual disk activity. It used to be behave such that unless there was a background scan running or an app was actively being loaded, the hard drive was idle. Now it's constantly making noises as if it's running. It will do be...
  10. Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar: My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application icons and the clock. Missing are "My PC" and the Notification tray. How do I get my taskbar back to normal? No amount of...