Windows 10: Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home

Discus and support Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a rather unusual version of windows 7 U x64 that is legal, long story but given it by a friend it. This is the information i was given when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alloneword, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home

I have a rather unusual version of windows 7 U x64 that is legal, long story but given it by a friend it.

This is the information i was given when i got the disc

Code: it's good for 10 activations. It's slightly different than regular keys, the online activation server will automatically let it reactivate 10 times but after that unlike a retail key you can't call them and ask them to activate it again. But re-installing the system on the same hardware won't count as a new activation, so you'll get a lot more than 10.[/quote] So used MS download tool to get my 10 ISO and when i did that installed it, it came up as home, no big deal as this seems to happen a fair bit so just punched in my win 7 key into the 10 machine and it went ahead with the update and it's now come up as Enterprise which is odd as it has never come up as that before, and now it's saying it's not activated I am getting an activation error or 0xC004F050, I don't want to spend too much time on this but has anyone heard of anything like this before, or should i just go back on an image when it was "HOME" and upgrade by buying another key and what is the best way to get a legal key for a cheapish price, im in the uk if that matters

All1

:)

Alloneword, Apr 21, 2019
  2. wyeknott Win User

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home [​IMG]

wyeknott, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home

revert legal windows from pirated version

Hello,

I have received laptop donation. I suppose it pre-installed with win 7 home premium. It has windows OEM sticker in the back.

However, It runs with un-activated win 10 pro edition. Someone may reinstall it with pirated version.

How do I revert to Win 10 home premium? No reinstalled if possible.

If is not possible than to Win 7 version as stated on OEM sticker so I can use it LEGALLY.

Also is the free update still available if in case I need to revert to win 7 version?

sugenganto, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home

1. Unusual legal version of win 7 Pro will only give me 10 Home - Similar Threads - Unusual legal version

2. Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.: I purchased a computer that was said to have Windows 11 Home on it. When I received my computer it told me windows was not activated, and as such I am missing lots of functionality on my new computer. Upon further investigation, this is because the license associated to the...
  3. Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Win 11 Pro to Win 11 Home OR Give me a product key for Win 11 Pro.: I purchased a computer that was said to have Windows 11 Home on it. When I received my computer it told me windows was not activated, and as such I am missing lots of functionality on my new computer. Upon further investigation, this is because the license associated to the...
  4. hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...: i dont know what should i write https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-need-syswow64-file-for-win-7-and-only-for/aa3b6c3d-cc5a-44c2-aa06-6932c4b5c123
  5. hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello i need syswow64 file for win 7 and only for win 7 not other version and give me...: i dont know what should i write https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-need-syswow64-file-for-win-7-and-only-for/aa3b6c3d-cc5a-44c2-aa06-6932c4b5c123
  6. Win 10 Activation with win 7 Key, is this legal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation with win 7 Key, is this legal?: Hi, I want to ask, I just bought a computer, and to my surprise, it turns out that the Windows I use uses an illegal license, and I have an OEM Windows 7 license and I know if Windows 10 can be activated using the Windows 10 key, which I want to ask , is it legal if I use the...
  7. Transfer activation license from Home Version to pro version or give me action license for...

Transfer activation license from Home Version to pro version or give me action license for...: Sir i have already a activation license in windows 10 home but later on due to my work load i upgrade home version to windows 10 pro version. I try to reactivate windows 10 in pro version through troubleshoot but server replied my that this PC already activated in windows 10...
  8. win 7 pro win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  9. is using an unactivated win 10 version legal ?

is using an unactivated win 10 version legal ?: as the subject says, i really can't afford to buy a product key with 4000 egp :( and i don't want to use this win version if it's illegal :( plz help can i get a financial aid or something ? to buy it easily ?...
  10. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro: Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment) This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and...