Windows 10: Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

Discus and support Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys I got Win 10 Enterprise edition. Patched to the latest. [ATTACH] My system has only 1.2GB of Virtual memory assigned (As have 18gb Physical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joncenawordlife, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

Guys I got Win 10 Enterprise edition. Patched to the latest.

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? ?hash=681a79e73d14bad6c8b067166a81577b.png

My system has only 1.2GB of Virtual memory assigned (As have 18gb Physical ram so never felt the need to have a proper virtual memory allocated) Google /forums etc. as well suggested the same.

Yesterday I was browsing heavily in Firefox with 2 physical tabs opened which again had multiple tabs inside them opened (almost 25)

While all was going smooth suddenly system froze and went unresponsive.

So somehow managed to capture the monitor with my cellphone and here is the result:

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? ?hash=681a79e73d14bad6c8b067166a81577b.jpg

As one can see out of 18gb Ram only 47% was utilized.

I rebooted the system & peeked into Event logs only to find this unusual:

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? ?hash=681a79e73d14bad6c8b067166a81577b.jpg

Now in spite of having 18gb of system memory and off that only 47% being utilized why did the system froze due to Low virtual memory condition?

As per my bets knowledge, Virtual memory is necessary only for system having smaller amounts of physical ram (4/6 gb). Correct me though as google as well says the same.

Needlessly out of fear I now have allocated a Virtual memory of 8gb.

Also, the last screenshot point to some Hypervisor I think this isn't related to my core issue. Correct me though.

Please advise regarding the Virtual memory issue.

:)

joncenawordlife, Sep 15, 2019
  2. GaryMcVay Win User

low virtual memory

After installing win10 I keep getting restarts. Event log shows low virtual memory. I have been unable to get info ,from MS, on how to change vitual memory on win10.

GaryMcVay, Sep 15, 2019
  3. JohnJD Win User
    Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings

Hello,

I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs.

I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives.

Now the computer performance is amazing, everything responds properly but now I'm getting error messages of low memory and getting crashes. A few minutes ago the computer crashed to a black screeen.

Here are the values I have right now in Virtual Memory, what else should I do to stop these crashes? I already tried a few different values but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions?

Proccessor AMD 6300

GPU Ati Radeon 7790

8GB DDR3

Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ AMD 970

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? [​IMG]

JohnJD, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

1. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible? - Similar Threads - Unusual Low Virtual

2. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  3. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Virtual & Physical Memory available: Hoping someone can help with my issue. The title says it all.I've been getting back into playing Rust recently, and I've just encountered a black screen & game crash. I checked the event viewer to see if anything was logged, to my surprise, it says the following: Windows...
  4. Low Virtual & Physical Memory available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Virtual Memory is low.

Virtual Memory is low.: Hello, I have recently performed a windows 10 20h2 clean installation through bootable USB drive on my laptop. My laptop specs: Asus tuf fx505dt ryzen 5 3550h 8gb ram 1+268gb of hdd and ssd nvidia gtx 1650 The problem is although my ram is 8gb but my virtual memory is...
  6. How to deal with low virtual memory conditions

How to deal with low virtual memory conditions: I started having problems on my Windows 10 system about 2 weeks ago and find myself rebooting every few days because things are crashing. When I look in the event viewer I see a lot of repeats of warning messages that look like this: Windows successfully diagnosed a low...
  7. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  8. Low Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Low Virtual Memory: I know this might start a slight argument after some of the articles I've read. Yesterday I was editing a video and all three monitors blanked out and came back. My color profiles on the monitor went to their stock setting and it was a quick fix of just rebooting the machine....
  9. Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?

Unusual Low Virtual memory error: Hows that possible?: Guys I got Win 10 Enterprise edition. Patched to the latest. [ATTACH] My system has only 1.2GB of Virtual memory assigned (As have 18gb Physical ram so never felt the need to have a proper virtual memory allocated) Google /forums etc. as well suggested the same....
  10. Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Memory Warning - Virtual Memory Settings?: As soon as I fired up Sony Vegas 13 and started to record (setting up the microphone was a whole other issue), I was presented with a Low Memory Warning (in Sony Vegas). Personally I think I should have adjusted the Virtual Memory ages ago (Win7), but here we are with Win10...