Windows 10: Unusual network drive in windows search.

Discus and support Unusual network drive in windows search. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't use network drives at all, so I was confused because when I look up 'photoshop' on windows search, there is an 'application' called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nelson Alex, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Unusual network drive in windows search.

I don't use network drives at all, so I was confused because when I look up 'photoshop' on windows search, there is an 'application' called 'photoshop.exe' which is apparently a network drive. If I try to map it, I can't select a folder, so I can't map it. If I try to delete it, it doesn't appear on the list when it asks me which drive I want to delete. If I try to open it, it just opens file explorer, if I try to open file location, on nothing happens

I've had the real photoshop installed before, and even when photoshop is uninstalled, this 'network drive' is still there. How can I get rid of it? I don't know if it's caused by a virus that I accidentally installed a couple of days before.

I've done sfc /scannow a whole bunch of times, and it says everything is fine, but I've never seen this network drive before. is there any way I can get rid of it?

Unusual network drive in windows search. 1e5cb22e-786b-40b8-b87a-63383f78c85b?upload=true.png

:)

Nelson Alex, Apr 7, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 7, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Unusual network drive in windows search.

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Unusual network drive in windows search.

1. Unusual network drive in windows search. - Similar Threads - Unusual network drive

2. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  3. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  4. Unusual icons on disk drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusual icons on disk drives: Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve my issue.Thanks in advance...
  5. Unusual icons on disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual icons on disk drives: Hi Sir!Sir as you can clearly see in the picture there are unusual icons on my disk drives C and D. I don't know why....Please kindly help me to solve my issue.Thanks in advance...
  6. Unusual icons on disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't index and search network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't index and search network drive: A z drive exists which is a share on a QNAP NAS. On other Windows PC's, when a user searches in File Explorer they get results for files on that NAS share. On this specific Windows PC, they get minimal results from the NAS Share. It's as if indexing isn't complete. I've...
  8. Unusual network drive that I can't get rid of

Unusual network drive that I can't get rid of: I don't use network drives at all, so I was confused because when I look up 'photoshop' on windows search, there is an 'application' called 'photoshop.exe' which is apparently a network drive. If I try to map it, I can't select a folder, so I can't map it. If I try to delete...
  9. Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives: Is it possible to be able to search mapped network drives in the search box? When I go to the indexing options I don't see it being an option. I rebuilt the search index already, too! I'd appreciate some type of solution! It'd be very useful to me. Thanks! submitted by...
  10. Searching network drives in Windows 10

Searching network drives in Windows 10: I have an end user who since upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 is having issues with searching on network drives. The critical issue is that the search results they get are different from what end users on the same network are seeing with Windows 7, making the results...