Windows 10: Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc?

Discus and support Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so I've been getting this strange message that seems to be posing as a windows system message. and it's been happening since late march of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oginaka, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Oginaka Win User

Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc?

Hi, so I've been getting this strange message that seems to be posing as a windows system message. and it's been happening since late march of this year. The only thing I can remember is that I do happen to go to Sims 4 mod sites that sometimes have a lot of ads and or links that send me to ad.fly of course I know not to click on those but I accidentally did once before and exited the page that it opened quickly before anything happened.

But every month or so now, it usually happens at night my computer's WiFi completely shuts off and disables me access to reconnect to any connections, even after i troubleshoot it several times. Then it just completely removes any connections for me to see. Then this strange message pops up saying this. It alerts me at 5 minutes then goes down to 2 minutes. I get worried especially while i'm in a call with someone over discord, and they don't know what happened to me until I end up restarting my PC.

Once I restart my PC it completely resets my wifi connections like I was never automatically connected in the first place. SO I have to manually retype the passwords for the wifi connections in when my computer fully finishes rebooting.

Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc? 022bddbb-aa19-40d5-89a2-9eeb95d99ca9?upload=true.png

I have scanned my computer before overnight using a trial of malwarebytes

:)

Oginaka, Jun 10, 2020

2. PLease help. Program to turn on/ off wifi on windows

Hello guys I need help with a problem.
    If anyone knows a program able to timely enable / disable the wifi connections on windows 7, so i can install on my windows 7 and set the timer to turn on/off the wifi cards. I google-ing 3 weeks ago and all i find is crap. It turns out like "my wifi keeps dropping or i loosing wifi" etc, etc,

I looking for a standalone program i can set times per wifi cards to turn the radio off eg, 8pm and turn it back on at 6am. I do not need a vb script or ps script , my windows is modified and remote support and all other scripting has been cut out for good reason. Anyone knows a program that can do it? Something like the programs for timed shutdown PC? Just for wireless cards. My laptops are on for 24/7 but don't want manually disconnect wifi every time, ans also i don't want to leave them online unattended. Installing DDVRT on the router is a no go , my flatmates will kill me if i turning the router on off . LOL

thanks

AssimilatorX, Jun 10, 2020
  3. WiFi no longer connects after updating Windows

Hi,

I thought that may have been the case the first time it occurred so I re-installed Windows but the fault persisted, same as before, after updating Windows.

I do not get any error messages other than 'there are no WiFi networks available' after they all disappear.

Trouble Shooting Steps:

• Reboot Device
    • Update Drivers
    • Roll Back Drivers
    • Enable and Disable device
    • Change device power options such that Windows cannot turn the device off
    • As mentioned I did a 2nd clean install of Windows
    • Restart PC, connect to WiFi at the lock screen (connections drop and networks disappear upon logging in)

Thanks for your response.

Wolf_LikeMe, Jun 10, 2020
  4. BOX
    Box Win User

Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc?

How can I turn off Wifi on shutdown on Windows 10?

@dalchina: Thank youUnusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc? :) I tried netsh just now with admin (as it suggested in one of the links you gave me) and it worked, though I haven't tried it yet on shutdown....but I should be able to schedule that if I do a bit of googling. It still shows the list of networks....Does that matter? Is there no access if it just disconnects from the router but still has the wifi list?

@dmholt57: I didn't know that. No wonder my family are always warning me about having it near me when it's off and not actually using it on your lap too...that's a little scary.

@bro67: Is there a way of turning off WOL in Windows10? See above answers alsoUnusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc? :)

@:dmholt57

Thema:

1. Unusual Shutdown Message posing as a windows update turns off WIFI connections only on my pc? - Similar Threads - Unusual Shutdown Message

2. Wifi wont connect to only my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi wont connect to only my PC: so ive been working at this for a few days and no luck. ive reset all wifi adapters and drivers, i did the CMD prompts to clear dns and whatnot, i reset the router, i bought a USB wifi adapter, im at a loss. ive trouble shooted and done everything i can think of except for...
  3. Wifi wont connect to only my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi wont connect to only my PC: so ive been working at this for a few days and no luck. ive reset all wifi adapters and drivers, i did the CMD prompts to clear dns and whatnot, i reset the router, i bought a USB wifi adapter, im at a loss. ive trouble shooted and done everything i can think of except for...
  4. Wifi wont connect to only my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow WiFi only on my device not on my mobile or on my other PC, turning off WiFi fixes it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow WiFi only on my device not on my mobile or on my other PC, turning off WiFi fixes it...: Internet speed on my mobile phone and my other laptop is steady 50-60 Mbps at all times. My main laptop's HP EliteBook 830 G5 internet speed drops to anywhere between 0.2 and 10 Mbps a few minutes after browsing internet - every single time I use it. I've tried...
  6. Slow WiFi only on my device not on my mobile or on my other PC, turning off WiFi fixes it...

Slow WiFi only on my device not on my mobile or on my other PC, turning off WiFi fixes it...: Internet speed on my mobile phone and my other laptop is steady 50-60 Mbps at all times. My main laptop's HP EliteBook 830 G5 internet speed drops to anywhere between 0.2 and 10 Mbps a few minutes after browsing internet - every single time I use it. I've tried...
  7. Laptop unusual shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop unusual shutdown: Hello everyone, im a lenovo laptop user that have this problem. My problem is that my laptop just dont turn off how it should be. It's taking longer time in shutting down screen. And shows black screen for atleast a min after shutting fown and will turn off after. It's also...
  8. Laptop unusual shutdown

Laptop unusual shutdown: Hello everyone, im a lenovo laptop user that have this problem. My problem is that my laptop just dont turn off how it should be. It's taking longer time in shutting down screen. And shows black screen for atleast a min after shutting fown and will turn off after. It's also...
  9. My wifi keeps turning off and saying there's no connections, but there are!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi keeps turning off and saying there's no connections, but there are!: Basically this, I've checked drivers, there are connections, and it will just turn off randomly. Restarting helps, but it so annoying. This started happening a few updates back. What can I do?...
  10. PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown: I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website. When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down fine, but the computer stays on with a black screen and all the fans, lights, HDD, etc still on. I have to turn it off with the...