Windows 10: Unusual Windows Update Problem

Discus and support Unusual Windows Update Problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Actually, enough testing/ Seems solved. A great tool! Thanks, Ben. ~Bob Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rebop, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rebop Win User

Unusual Windows Update Problem

Actually, enough testing/ Seems solved. A great tool! Thanks, Ben.

~Bob

rebop, Apr 5, 2018
  2. rebop Win User

Long explanation of an issue that has me stumped follows:

Got an external monitor fore my Lenvo Lptop and plugged in the USB dongle for a Lenovo Enhanced Keyboard. Worked fine.

Windows 10 update found that the driver for this needed and update and downloaded th eupdate. It failed to install with:

USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard - Error 0x800f024b

There are many of these errors in Event Log and many reports in WER.

Event log shows:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient
    Date: 4/11/2018 2:48:59 PM
    Event ID: 20
    Task Category: Windows Update Agent
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Failure,Installation
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Winten-P51S
    Description:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F024B: Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient" Guid="{945A8954-C147-4ACD-923F-40C45405A658}" />
    <EventID>20</EventID>
    <Version>1</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>1</Task>
    <Opcode>13</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000028</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-04-11T21:48:59.777554200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>82706</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="3088" ThreadID="5736" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Winten-P51S</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="errorCode">0x800f024b</Data>
    <Data Name="updateTitle">Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard</Data>
    <Data Name="updateGuid">{694E4404-867F-4024-8B63-59C828AED83A}</Data>
    <Data Name="updateRevisionNumber">1</Data>
    <Data Name="serviceGuid">{8B24B027-1DEE-BABB-9A95-3517DFB9C552}</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Now, I see the files downloaded in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. If I right click the .inf file and select install, it says something to the effect that the .cat file has a corrupt or missing hashtag. It may well be possible that Windows keeps downloading a corrupt driver update and if so, how do I stop this?

This fails every time Windows Update runs.

I have removed the dongle, of course. I have deleted all in Software Distribution, rebooted and reran Upadate. I have tried running DISM, reboot and retry. I have tried the Windows Update Fix It tool. I have run Update and Hardware Troubleshooters.

Nothing works.

Something is telling the system it needs this update. I find nothing pertinent in the registry. Nothing in Device Manager.

Can you help???

Thanks.

~Bob

:)

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Screensaver won't terminate after Windows 10 Creator's Update

Worth adding ~ This has only become a problem since an unusually lengthy Windows 10 update 2 days ago.

AlexTLF1951, Apr 11, 2018
  4. JamesL1 Win User

Windows Hello unable to access camera

I have had the same problem since the last Windows 10 update. The troubleshooter doesn't find any problems but this is not unusual. Troubleshooter never finds any problems.

JamesL1, Apr 11, 2018
  5. Ben Myers Win User
    Use Device Manager to roll back the driver. If roll back is grayed out, select "Update driver", "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".

Ben

Ben Myers, Apr 11, 2018
  6. rebop Win User
    Thanks Ben, but the device does not appear in device manager at all. Either when the dongle is inserted or not.

~Bob

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
  7. rebop Win User
    Update, it does appear as a keyboard when the dongle is inserted. Tells me Microsoft Driver and best installed. Even when pointed to the downloaded files in Software Distribution/Download/Install. Also cannot remove the device from the system. Appears to,but then tries to download the update again.

~Bob

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
  8. rebop Win User

Something may have changhed here this time when searching for a new driver. Unsure. Will report if so, but it actually installed what appears to be a proper driver this time. Need to reboot, clear windows update and see. Back soon.

Thanks for getting me on a better path Ben.

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
  9. rebop Win User
    Progress perhaps, bt not fixed.

The dongle shows as a generic HID Keyboard. I update the driver and it changes to a proper Lenovo Enhanced Keyboard! Seems good. But then Windows immediately tells me it needs an update and that fails as I have posted.

If I then remove the device and check remove driver, windows immediately tells me I need the above mentioned update again and fails to install.

How can I stop this loop?

Thanks again for the help.

~Bob

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
  10. Ben Myers Win User
    Ben Myers, Apr 11, 2018
  11. rebop Win User
    Seems to have perhaps fixed it by hiding. Good thought. Still would love to know what kept asking for this?

I'll give it a day and a few reboots before marking as solved.

Thanks Ben.

~Bob

rebop, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Unusual Windows Update Problem - Similar Threads - Unusual Update Problem

2. Unusual problem with Ram and Blue Screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual problem with Ram and Blue Screen windows 10: Funny thing last month My HP 6300 windows 10 'all of a sudden' displayed the fatal Blue Screen Death BSD .. and after the third/fourth time I took notice of its error code and it displayed on my monitor something about RAM.. So having four sticks of 4GB ram I removed them all...
  3. Unusual problem with Ram and Blue Screen windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusual problem with Ram and Blue Screen windows 10: Funny thing last month My HP 6300 windows 10 'all of a sudden' displayed the fatal Blue Screen Death BSD .. and after the third/fourth time I took notice of its error code and it displayed on my monitor something about RAM.. So having four sticks of 4GB ram I removed them all...
  4. unusual audio -bluetooth -Windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unusual audio -bluetooth -Windows 10 problem: A brief explanation, windows pairs and connects successfully to Bluetooth receiver Bluetooth receiver, connected speakers and audio drivers work with only 1 application, Groove Music, and all browsers(HTML 5 player) Plays flawlessly PROBLEM ALL other...
  5. Unusual Fullscreen Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual Fullscreen Problem: I've encountered whats seems to be a problem that isn't very common since I can't find anything about it. Whenever I put any type of video (whether it be YouTube or an mp4 on my computer) into fullscreen it runs at like 15 frames but goes back to normal once it's windowed. It...
  6. BSOD into unusual errors/problems.

BSOD into unusual errors/problems.: So about 3 nights ago I was using my desktop and was randomly met with a BSOD(unfortunately the screen went by too fast and I wasn't thinking to see the error code). I went to bed thinking everything would be fine but when I booted up my PC the next day and I was met with an...
  7. Unusual battery drainage after Windows update

Unusual battery drainage after Windows update: I've noticed my gaming laptop battery drains (while plugged in) while I'm gaming. This wasn't the case before: I could game for hours on end with the battery staying at 100% I think this draining was introduced with the most recent Windows January update. Is there a way to...
  8. Unusual Boot Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusual Boot Problems: Haven't used the computer for a few days, and now it was very difficult for it to boot. I reset the computer a few times to get into advanced troubleshooting, but all I had to do was continue to windows 10. The automatic repair feature said it failed and that I should check...
  9. Very unusual RAM problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Very unusual RAM problem: Hello folks, I'm having a minor issue here. I'm running Windows 10, and ever since I've been running it I've encountered this in Task Manager. Now I noticed it says compressed, but I'm still unsure on wether or not my system is actually functioning properly. [img]...
  10. Unusual streaming problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual streaming problem.: I have just installed the Spotify App on Windows 10 but since I did this Radio streaming has been acting up. I use the TuneIn App to stream radio stations but this has recently been updated by Windows Store and no longer works.I put the lack of streaming with TuneIn App due...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard - Error 0x800f024b

2. lenovo enhanced performance keyboard update failed

3. Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard Error 0x800f024b

4. 0x800f024b lenovo keyboard,
  5. lenovo - input - usb enhanced performance keyboard,
  6. Windows Show Hide Updates tool USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard - Error 0x800f024b,
  7. usb enhanced performance keyboard - error 0x800f024b how to remove this error,
  8. lenovo driver 0x800f024b,
  9. windows 10 usb enhanced performance keyboard error 0x800f024b sk-8815