Windows 10: Unusually slow computer.

Discus and support Unusually slow computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm here to ask for assistance once again. Lately, whenever I try and access anything through the internet, play a game online, or even try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dayn Wolfwind, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Unusually slow computer.

Hello, I'm here to ask for assistance once again.

Lately, whenever I try and access anything through the internet, play a game online, or even try to just load up a photo...my system usage spikes.

I don't know why this happens, and quite frankly, it interferes with many facets of the computer doing..well..anything.

As an example, I've tried to load up a patreon page. As soon as I do, the system spikes to 33%+ CPU usage, and stays there. I've been told it's the 'system idle process' fault, but I have no idea about that.

I've run an sfc scan in cmd, but nothing comes up as wrong. I've also cleaned out my caches of data through defragmenting, and disk cleanup.

any sort of help would be appreciated.

:)

Dayn Wolfwind, Apr 29, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Unusually slow computer.

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Unusually slow computer.

1. Unusually slow computer. - Similar Threads - Unusually slow computer

2. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  3. Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 DNS Resolution Unusually Slow: In the last week or so DNS resolution has been painfully slow on my PC. It doesn't matter what DNS server I use, weather it's through DHCP or manually set, what browser I use, what network I am on, ethernet or wifi.Any site I visit, regardless of if it's one I've visited...
  4. Slow computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer.: My computer is suddenly very slow. It started with Excel dogging. I closed Excel and re-booted the computer but the restart took way longer than it should. I'm guessing there is something in the background that is causing this. I'm not seeing anything in Task Manager under...
  5. Computer Slowing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Slowing: Hi, I recently had my computer go into the preparing automatic repair loop, and I gave it to a friend who got it fixed and recovered most of my files I am not quite sure regarding the actual process of repair and whatever he did . Everything works great, but there was one...
  6. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  7. Slow Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Computer: My Computer has been progesivley becoming slower over the last few months, i've not added any new programs exept windows 10 updates. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/35bac848-6d8b-4df7-870a-38a5c451f8c1
  8. internet unusually slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet unusually slow: Internet is much slower than usual on my pc, it has been going on for roughly 2 months. My iphone 7 is capable of getting 60+ mpbs whilst my pc which used to get the same started getting below 18 mbps even up to 0.23 mbps. It has baffled me and after searching everywherere...
  9. Unusually slow internet connection only on Windows 10 system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unusually slow internet connection only on Windows 10 system: Hello, I need some help identifying why the connection on my Windows 10 system is suddenly experiencing significantly below 1mbps speeds, often completely failing to load webpages. Here are some notes and troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. Observations: - Problem...
  10. Computer crashing with unusual black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashing with unusual black screen: Hey All, Have a weird one that I have never seen before. after about an hour or so of the computer running (just a Dell Dimension E521, 4gb ram, 1TB HDD) the screen goes black and at the top in white letters states: "Boot from CD: No boot device detected, insert system...