Windows 10: unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe

Discus and support unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a system file in c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.2003.8-0\ and it is msmpeng.exe. It checks out and passes sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidHuddleston2, Mar 28, 2020.

1. unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe

I have a system file in c:\programdata\microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.2003.8-0\ and it is msmpeng.exe.

It checks out and passes sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but it will not delete or stop service. I was

unable also to delete the registry key for it as the MS support adviser recommended.

It is unverified Microsoft according to the MS autoruns utility. Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, and WindowsDefender don't show

any malware response. I have contacted MS support twice online with varying result. They offered two explanations: 1 it is OK 2 it is

unverified because of defender update. I have suspicion that it is malware but I'm hesitant to reinstall Windows unless it is necessary.

I'm asking the community for advice. By the way, I've had desktop icons rearrange spontaneously and when I restart it says someone

else is using the computer also. This behavior is new. Remote assistance and remote desktop are disabled by me, for security. My cpu

performance is low and normal.

Thanks. Please help.

:)

DavidHuddleston2, Mar 28, 2020
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed by CPU usage, you can see it's due to MsMpEng.exe running a scan before the program will open.

It would be understandable if it was doing it the first time the program had ever ran, or if the program wasn't signed, but that's not always the case. Canon DPP for example isn't signed, so presumably that's why Defender keeps scanning that, however here's an example of another program (SyncBackFree) that is signed, but yet Windows Defender still wants to keep scanning it on a daily basis despite nothing changing since previous scans.

unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe [​IMG]

Obviously I can add individual programs to the Windows Defender Exclusion list and exclude them from real-time protection, but what it is that Defender doesn't like with certain programs that is feels the need to keep scanning them daily? Is this a Microsoft problem, or is it down to the software not adhering to some sort of best practice policies Microsoft have laid out? There must me something that makes Defender treat it as potentially signed malware?

ARC1020, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe

1. unverified MS defender file - msmpeng.exe - Similar Threads - unverified defender file

2. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  3. ms defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ms defender: Hello --- why is ms defender still running when I have a 3rd party security package installed?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-defender/7e39a568-c150-4411-bc3b-58c8b84a5e90
  4. MsMpEng Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MsMpEng Process: Hi, I have a question: What happen if I terminate Antimalware Service Executable? BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpeng-process/5d69e0f0-8b45-4516-b545-8b72562d03ad
  5. MsMpEng Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MsMpEng Process: Hi, I have a question: What happen if I terminate Antimalware Service Executable? BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpeng-process/5d69e0f0-8b45-4516-b545-8b72562d03ad
  6. MsMpEng Process

7. Defender doesn't like my .exe files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender doesn't like my .exe files: I developed .exe files for use by friends using Microsoft Visual Basic 6 circa 2006 and uploaded them to my website in a zip file created by PeaZip. When the file are downloaded, they are indicated as possibly dangerous by Windows Defender. How does one make the files...
  8. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  9. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files: In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?...
  10. Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng): This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msmpeng.exe not verified

2. autoruns msmpeng.exe not verified