Windows 10: Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable?

Discus and support Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I log into windows with a microsoft account. I'm constantly getting desktop notifications about my Amazon deliveries. I don't want this. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScarlettRaptor, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable?

I log into windows with a microsoft account.

I'm constantly getting desktop notifications about my Amazon deliveries. I don't want this. Before anyone tells me to disable notifications, listen to me. I know how to disable notifications. Don't tell me to do that. That's not why I'm on this forum.

I REMOVED my microsoft account from windows entirely... as in, I went into user management settings and completely deleted all traces of my microsoft account from which I was receiving notifications, and created a new microsoft account to log in with. This new account does receives none of my email. There is no remaining vestige of my old microsoft account in user settings or outlook settings. I removed all of it and replaced it with my new microsoft account.

HOWEVER, even after a fresh reboot, I'm still constantly getting notifications about emails that come to my OLD microsoft account, which I completely removed and no longer log in with! Once again, please DO NOT tell me to disable notifications. I don't care about the notifications.

I want to know how to completely purge my old account from my computer, fundamentally. Where can I possibly look to do this purge? What have I missed and how do I solve this?

:)

ScarlettRaptor, Apr 1, 2020
  2. mafia97 Win User

Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable?

1. Unwanted account sync activity - how to disable? - Similar Threads - Unwanted account sync

2. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  3. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing: I have just created a second desktop with the intention of having a specific workspace with folders and links, etc, pertinent to my projects. But when I move folders on either of the two desktops, the other one syncs the changes.I uninstalled onedrive a long time ago, so this...
  4. How to Disable Multiple Desktop Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virus and unwanted activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and unwanted activity: Hello I want to share with you my problem which concerns me. I cannot get rid of these programs and my question is do i really have to be concerned or just let these programs be. Please some quick advise. Cheers Konrad...
  6. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software: Got this new laptop, but as usual, the mandatory Windows Update made me do another reboot. But this time it was exceptionally annoying. For starters, I have never asked for nor do I want Microsoft Office (I always use Open Office instead). I did not install it- it just popped...
  7. How to disable wallpaper sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable wallpaper sync?: Hi all, I want to disable the wallpaper sync. Because I want different wallpapers on my copmuter and Laptop. I found on google where to disable it the settings but I can't change anything and I should contact the systemadmin. I am the Admin on both devices. Does someone has...
  8. Unwanted accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted accounts?: Hello, I was advised to use the 'run- netplwiz' and it shows only 1 account. It then shows username, and under 'Group' it shows Administrators; Users. However, when I go to \windows\users\ I see directories: default, default user1, defaultuser1.NAME-LAPTOP.001, then 'first...
  9. Disable sync

Disable sync: I want to stop my acer sync. It shows only grey colour on where to turn on or off. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sync/e3810560-d3bf-4280-a905-378182783b35
  10. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a