Windows 10: Unwanted additional keyboards

Discus and support Unwanted additional keyboards in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I restart my PC, there are 2 keyboard layouts which are invisible to me in the language/region settings, however are selectable in the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dan27_11, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Dan27_11 Win User

Unwanted additional keyboards

Every time I restart my PC, there are 2 keyboard layouts which are invisible to me in the language/region settings, however are selectable in the task bar. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT also leads me to accidentally switch very frequently between them, causing me to type @ and " incorrectly.

I am able to temporarily remove the layouts from my PC by adding them in the language settings, and then removing them, yet they come back after a restart. I have even removed them from the registry by deleting the relevant entries under Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload.

The offending layouts are "English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom keyboard" and ""English (United Kingdom) - United States international keyboard".
    My preferred and default keyboard is "English (United States) - United States keyboard".

Unwanted additional keyboards 83b4637a-8b17-4165-94f3-12b98cc4dc2b?upload=true.png Unwanted additional keyboards 5f44065d-a7b2-4aa6-bfd3-31132d219705?upload=true.png

:)

Dan27_11, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Remove additional Langauges

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    shared by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to on how to remove additional language.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Unwanted additional keyboards

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted additional keyboards

1. Unwanted additional keyboards - Similar Threads - Unwanted additional keyboards

2. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  3. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  4. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  5. Spurious additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spurious additional keyboard: Hello,I have Windows 11 and I have the following language & region settings:Windows Display Language:English USPreferred languages:* German Germany* English USCountry or region:SwitzerlandRegional format:German GermanyI get the following keyboards:German Germany with German...
  6. Removing unwanted keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unwanted keyboards: I'm facing a problem with the keyboards. I had installed the Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool MILIT for testing purposes. After a while I removed it from my system using the Add/Remove Programs. However ever since I get the following error message, whenever I try to switch...
  7. Adding additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding additional keyboard: Trying to add a Russian keyboard to my PC. Have done the bog standard basics but the PC asks me to input a PIN and I don't have a PIN. Googled this and advice was to try 0000 or 1234. No luck. It is saying it does not recognise the device. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Remove Unwanted Keyboard

Remove Unwanted Keyboard: Hi, I've been looking around how to deal with it but answers are about using Control Panel, in which the options have been removed. So here is my keyboards: [ATTACH] I want to remove both English Canada . However, there is no such keyboard in my settings: [ATTACH]...
  9. Unwanted keyboard

Unwanted keyboard: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the laptop. I need an English keyboard (UK) and French (Belgian) and these are installed in my language options. However a third...
  10. Additional language keyboard

Additional language keyboard: I need some help on an additional language and keyboard. I'm using an HP touch screen laptop that has a detachable keyboard (English only). I just upgraded to Win 10 and have most everything I need set-up. Still a learning process from Win 7 (phew). I have installed a 2nd...