Windows 10: unwanted ads in solitaire collection

Discus and support unwanted ads in solitaire collection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; From the very start of the first Windows OS, there was a free solitaire game as a bonus. In the following decades, it evolved a little, adding more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Perli26, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Perli26 Win User

unwanted ads in solitaire collection

From the very start of the first Windows OS, there was a free solitaire game as a bonus. In the following decades, it evolved a little, adding more variation, but basic solitaire remained the same. In the last decade, when the user wants to play solitaire, there are requests to sign up, which I do not care about. And in the last few months, when you want to play solitaire, there are pop up ads, with an offer to pay to get rid of the ads. I have all kinds of protection, so I don't think that this is a third party pop up, because it's inside the solitaire collection software, so I see it as digital extortion by Microsoft. If Solitaire had been free game, added to Windows OS that is expensive enough, I don't see how this is possible to distort the relations with your customers in such cheap extortion. How can that be? Fire the guy responsible for this cheap attempt to financialize something we long term paying customers rely on as a free option with extorting us with unbearable adds spoiling playing the solitaire. Can you please enlighten me what's going on in this respect?

:)

Perli26, Feb 25, 2020

2. microsoft solitaire collection

Hi, Lee,

Step 1: Run App troubleshooter.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 2: Run Windows Update troubleshooter.

Please see this link for the steps.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Click Start.

In the search box, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Right click Microsoft Solitaire collection app tile, and the select Uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe, and then press Enter. The Microsoft Store will open so you can reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Step 4: Make sure your firewall/anti-virus isn’t blocking the app.

The steps to unblock the game (or any app that needs to access Xbox Live) will vary depending on the antivirus or firewall software you use. Check the documentation for your antivirus or firewall software to open settings and ensure that the software is not
    blocking the app. If your antivirus or firewall has an app white list, make sure that your Xbox Live-enabled games are on this list.

Step 5: Clear your Windows Store cache.

Right click Start.

Select Run.

Type wsreset.exe and press enter. This will launch Windows Store with a cleared cache. You can check if Solitaire error goes away after doing this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Smittychat., Feb 25, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection doesn't recognise my license

Thank you for confirming. Since that you have the latest version, let's uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection in your Windows 10 PC by following these steps:

Uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Start menu, Search Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    • Right-click on it, then select Uninstall.
    Reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection

• Go to Store, search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection tile to visit its official page on the Store.
    • Click the Free button to download and install the game.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Feb 25, 2020
  4. unwanted ads in solitaire collection

Microsoft solitaire collection problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are having this issue, one of the common reasons is corrupted statistics file on the account. To help you reset the statistics of your main account, we suggest
    that you follow the steps below:

• First you need to close Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    • In Windows Explorer go to: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\UserData\Guest\Statistic\
    • Rename Statistic.ark as old-Statistic.ark.
    • Then try to run the Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
    The statistics file will be deleted, and everything will be set back to 0.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

unwanted ads in solitaire collection

1. unwanted ads in solitaire collection - Similar Threads - unwanted ads solitaire

2. Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Is there any way to filter game ads while playing solitaire? One in particular is so suggestive it is very offensive. I paid for my Microsoft devise, I buy an annual subscription to 365, why should I have to pay for ad free, insulting free solitaire ?...
  3. Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Is there any way to filter game ads while playing solitaire? One in particular is so suggestive it is very offensive. I paid for my Microsoft devise, I buy an annual subscription to 365, why should I have to pay for ad free, insulting free solitaire ?...
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Offensive Ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection - Offensive Ads: Hello,I play a lot of solitaire and can't afford to pay for getting it "ad-free". I don't even sign into any account. I'm fine with just knowing my most simple stats.For the most part I don't mind having to watch an ad or two but I draw the line at offensive ads: ads showing...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Ads not loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Ads not loading: For several weeks now, the Ads in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection are often failing to load or don't have a close button when finished running forcing me to kill the application and relaunch. This started after a recent Win10 update. Get your updates fixed and working...
  6. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Pesky Ads!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Pesky Ads!: Hi, I am sure you have all experienced those very annoying ads which pop up in Microsoft Solitaire Collection! To help eliminate around 80-90% of these ads showing, my suggestion is to tap the "ESC" button on your keyboard continuously. Then most disappear! 175945
  7. ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection: The ads on Microsoft Solitaire collection, in Mahjong, are not running and there is no way to get out of them, therefore, no way to play the daily challenges. can you fix this? also, the sound is not working on the games in the collection. Can you fix that too?...
  8. Ads in MS Solitaire collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ads in MS Solitaire collection: I just wonder, is there anyone out there who may have figured out how to remove/eliminate the confounded ads in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection? How annoying. Any help would be appreciated, I like the games, but do not need nor want the ads. Thanks...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection & Ads: Hello, I'd like to ask, what is the point of having adverts in Solitaire, when it's just black or white screen with some music every time. Is it supposed to be just "some random nuisance" to bother people and force them to buy it? Thank you for your answer....
  10. Today's ad in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Today's ad in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection: I just wanted to communicate that I found today's ad inappropriate. It is not a family-friendly ad. I hope it is removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/todays-ad-in-the-microsoft-solitaire-collection/7a407ff6-fa6f-42dd-bd1f-a1ed5c0cb7d6"