Windows 10: Unwanted ads

Discus and support Unwanted ads in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI, I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnaDArcy, Nov 26, 2018.

1. AnnaDArcy Win User

Unwanted ads

HI,

I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser open, and there is no option to stop seeing ads etc. They are ads for random products, apps etc, a lot of them misogynistic and offensive. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Anna

:)

AnnaDArcy, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Nov 26, 2018
  3. JJG10 Win User
    Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop

Periodically, I get the ad shown below on my Desktop. I have Nero 2014 installed so I guess that is the source of the ad.

How can I prevent it from showing up?

Unwanted ads [​IMG]

Thank you.

JJG10, Nov 26, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Unwanted ads

Milestones

What's the next step after 250k?

I think we should have a list added to the origional post with all the milestones

Thema:

Unwanted ads

1. Unwanted ads - Similar Threads - Unwanted ads

2. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  3. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  4. How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?: I am getting unwanted pop up ads from McAfee for antivirus protection . I have windows 11 and use windows defender. How do I turn off or delete McAfee...
  5. How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?

How do I eliminate unwanted antivirus pop up ads from McAfee on windows 11?: I am getting unwanted pop up ads from McAfee for antivirus protection . I have windows 11 and use windows defender. How do I turn off or delete McAfee...
  6. How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen: Using Win 11. I have suddenly got an advert across the bottom of the Lock Screen. I use a photo from my photo library on the Lock screen and the 'get fun facts etc' option is not enabled. I cannot find any other suggestions for removing the ad - have I missed an option...
  7. How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen

How to remove unwanted ad on Lock Screen: Using Win 11. I have suddenly got an advert across the bottom of the Lock Screen. I use a photo from my photo library on the Lock screen and the 'get fun facts etc' option is not enabled. I cannot find any other suggestions for removing the ad - have I missed an option...
  8. My browser keeps crashing and adding an unwanted extension, "Phone."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My browser keeps crashing and adding an unwanted extension, "Phone.": It keeps coming back when I remove it. I do not know what it does. What I do know is that is is really pissing me off. How do I get rid of it?...
  9. My browser keeps crashing and adding an unwanted extension, "Bundle", using up 100% of my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My browser keeps crashing and adding an unwanted extension, "Bundle", using up 100% of my...: I haven't downloaded anything from any suspicious websites or links, but while I was playing a video game Apex Legends a cmd tab had opened up and exited the game out of the blue. I tried to look at what was written on it but it seemed like an ordinary cmd prompt. I rarely...
  10. Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games: I started playing MS Jigsaw to relax and I cannot get rid of an ad of COFFINS, yes, COFFIN ADS on a game, come on? I have a pi-hole in my house so I do not see ads for most of the pages I visit, tracking is disabled and I am pretty sure I never searched for it either, but for...