Windows 10: Unwanted Alarm

Discus and support Unwanted Alarm in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. For the last 3 nights an alarm has gone off in my laptop at 01:00 AM. I have checked and there are no alarms set on the computer. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John315, Oct 8, 2019.

1. John315 Win User

Unwanted Alarm

Hi. For the last 3 nights an alarm has gone off in my laptop at 01:00 AM. I have checked and there are no alarms set on the computer. I cannot find where it is coming from. Has anyone else had problems with rogue alarms, or know how to find/cancel them? Thanks in advance.

:)

John315, Oct 8, 2019

2. Set an alarm in Alarms, and it doesn't notify me.

I've been having a problem with Alarms. Every time I set an alarm, it doesn't go off. One time, I set an alarm for 6:00pm and after reboot, it finally when off. Any suggestions?

d2123cross, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Windows 10 Alarm

Hi Marc,

To address your concern, we suggest that you synchronize the system clock with an internet time server in Windows 10. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and click on the Date and Time icon.
    • Click/on the Internet Time tab, and click on the Change settings
      button. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box, select a time server, and click on
      Update now. If an error occurred, click on Update now again to see if it may successfully synchronize. When the clock is successfully synchronized, click on
      OK.
    • Click on OK.
    • Go to Alarm & Clock app and test the alarm.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Unwanted Alarm

Confused about alarm

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to refer the section “Can alarm still sound when my PC is off”, from the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/alarms-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10

If the InstantGo application is in compatible with your computer, I suggest you to install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted Alarm

1. Unwanted Alarm - Similar Threads - Unwanted Alarm

2. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  3. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  6. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  7. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  8. unwanted audio alarm

unwanted audio alarm: How do I stop an annoying 4 tone alarm that comes on when I plug in a second monitor that works but systems doesn't like? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-audio-alarm/f96ae0be-4aec-408b-8cb3-a3c8e70657b6
  9. unwanted audio alarm

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted audio alarm: How do I stop an annoying 4 tone alarm that comes on when I plug in a second monitor that works but systems doesn't like? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-audio-alarm/f96ae0be-4aec-408b-8cb3-a3c8e70657b6
  10. unwanted audio alarm

in Windows 10 Gaming