Windows 10: Unwanted app opening on start-up.

Discus and support Unwanted app opening on start-up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, my problem is that when starting up my Laptop everything is ok until after signing in with my password the app for the Microsoft store opens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silver Rob, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Unwanted app opening on start-up.

Hi All, my problem is that when starting up my Laptop everything is ok until after signing in with my password the app for the Microsoft store opens. I can close it and everything is OK. Can you please advise where I can stop this occurring. I have tried looking but at present not successful.

Your help would be appreciated.

:)

Silver Rob, Dec 15, 2018

2. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

Unwanted app opening on start-up. [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unwanted app opening on start-up. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Unwanted app opening on start-up.

Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

The whole purpose of this is to complete a unfinished script I have set in place already that I'm using which works well without any integrity violations...but

The point is that I'm trying to come up with a simple script addition, that automates this such described manual 1-minute job, and to turn that in to a 1-second script...

In the original post I explain that I have a script that removes everything pre-installed already except for these few unwanted items which are left behind listed as tiles on start.

The only pre-installed apps I have included to stay in my current script i'm working on are listed in my photo below, but the problem still remains as I have unwanted tiles listed in start I would like remove via a script so that could be included in the final one I'm working on.

MrWhispers, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted app opening on start-up.

1. Unwanted app opening on start-up. - Similar Threads - Unwanted app opening

2. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  3. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  4. Unwanted apps !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unwanted apps !

Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  6. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  7. windows news and unwanted apps with pop-ups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows news and unwanted apps with pop-ups: I have over the last few weeks noticed a pop-up from windows that happens all the time and interrupts everything from games im playing to movies to working on spreadsheets etc. It had taken me however long to figure out how to disable it. i did not want or ask for this to be...
  8. Unwanted Apps

Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...
  9. Apps and tabs opening on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps and tabs opening on start up: I've searched for an answer to how to make shutdown close all tabs and processes or to just not have my tabs open on startup. After a certain windows update, my tabs still open back up after I shut down and the community answer is to literally create an app that closes...
  10. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script: I Created a few scripts that removes all bloat preinstalled and unpins everything, but some items remain... .Having trouble to create a script that will "uninstall / unpin" the following apps listed below from start Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Bubble Witch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop iphone from opening unwanted apps