Windows 10: Unwanted Applications

Discus and support Unwanted Applications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Team, After deploying the Winodws 10 OS Image in our clinet machines we do see that unwanted application got installed. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vinod Thakur.t, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Unwanted Applications

Hello Team,

After deploying the Winodws 10 OS Image in our clinet machines we do see that unwanted application got installed.

Is there any way to stop? below are the few apps list. Can we remove this apps from windows 10 image level? Yes we can block this system level but we need to remove this from image level please post your inputs.

1 Your Phone

2 Xbox Game Bar

3 Microsoft Sway

4 Sniping

5 Skype

6 Microsoft Store

7 One Drive for Business

8 Windows Mixed Reality Portal

9 Microsoft Solitaire collection

10 Groove music

11 Cannon office printer utility

12 Connect Wirelessly

13 Movies and TV

14 Xbox Console companion

Regards,

Vinod

:)

Vinod Thakur.t, Sep 4, 2020

2. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Unwanted Applications

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID (windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to check whether the applications are compatible or not from the manufactures website. If these applications are compatible, I suggest you to run the application in compatible mode and check if it helps to
    resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted Applications

1. Unwanted Applications - Similar Threads - Unwanted Applications

2. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping: This message keeps popping up about every 10 seconds and is hogging my system resources:Virus & Threat ProtectionPotentially Unwanted Application foundThis Application was removed because it is blocked by your administratorThis infinite loop is taking up 50% of my CPU and 80%...
  3. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping: This message keeps popping up about every 10 seconds and is hogging my system resources:Virus & Threat ProtectionPotentially Unwanted Application foundThis Application was removed because it is blocked by your administratorThis infinite loop is taking up 50% of my CPU and 80%...
  4. Potentially Unwanted Application found keeps popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But...: App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But when i try to review it there seems to be nothing.Id be happy to provide further information to help you guys resolve this problem.My PC ran quite slow and weird in the last time that...
  6. App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But...: App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But when i try to review it there seems to be nothing.Id be happy to provide further information to help you guys resolve this problem.My PC ran quite slow and weird in the last time that...
  7. App & Browser control tells me that there is an unwanted application on my computer. But...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. HELP! Windows Security Message - "Enterprise unwanted application found. This application...

HELP! Windows Security Message - "Enterprise unwanted application found. This application...: This is my personal desktop running Windows 10 Pro latest version as of today.Some apps I look to install get this message and the install fails. I had some work applications on here previously but have removed them and the work account form my PC as well.Is this message...
  9. Potentially unwanted application protection - turning on

Potentially unwanted application protection - turning on: I was excited to know more about PUA protection feature in windows. I read it across the few sites.According to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/manage-updates-baselines-microsoft-defender-antivirus?view=o365-worldwideDefender...
  10. Provisioned Windows Applications - UNWANTED for $199.99

in Windows 10 Customization
    Provisioned Windows Applications - UNWANTED for $199.99: I am trying to find a solution to prevent installation of all Provisioned Windows Applications during or/and after initial Windows 10 installation, without unpacking-mounting-modifing-repacking .wim file. Is there anything that can be created similar to Unattended.xlm or...