Windows 10: Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

Discus and support Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! Why do I have these 2 games in my "Available updates" section? I don't have them anywhere else. So an "update" in this case is a full... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DmitryM5000, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

Hello! Why do I have these 2 games in my "Available updates" section?

I don't have them anywhere else.

So an "update" in this case is a full installation of a new app.

Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates" fb3fac90-f2ef-40f0-85d5-70719f30bc97?upload=true.png

:)

DmitryM5000, Jul 12, 2019
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jul 12, 2019
  3. gorgor Win User
    How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which are pushed through Windows Update for devices, especially for laptops. This then includes tons of unwanted Software, Touchpad, Sound, OEM apps, ect. Or just Intel iGPU or Nvidia GPU drivers, which are old OEM builds for example by Dell. This then includes services and UWP apps too.

In the beginning, you could easily disable driver updates through control panel system. This doesnt work anymore since over a year now. I am not sure if this is a bug, or MS secretly deactivated the functionality.

Then they also removed the specific driver and OEM app updates from the Update list, most updates are not listed anymore in the installed update list, you cant remove them anymore after Windows installed them.

wushowhide.diagcab doesnt work too anymore 100%. Most driver updates you flag with them are ignored and Windows still installs them. Most OEM app updates are not even listed to hide.

I had so many issues over the past months on my Dell XPS laptop, because of Windows just pushes and forces broken drivers or apps through Windows Update, and then even ROLLS back drivers. I have literally no control anymore over my PCs.

Here is an example:

Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates" [​IMG]

Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates" [​IMG]

These forced OEM app updates are not listed in the Updates to remove list. These driver updates are forced through even you deactivated the functionality in several ways. That yellow flagged Intel Media SDK, for example, is broken since weeks and Windows tries to install it everyday and fails.

How do I remove for example the unwanted OEM app "Waves - SoftwareComponent - 5/15/2018 12:00:00 AM" which runs as a service in the background all the time I dont want. Same as "9NB9SRTL2KPT-WavesAudio.WavesMaxxAudioProforDell".

This is just unbelievable. There has to be a way to deactivate this out of control nonsense. And also remove the already installed updates.

gorgor, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

After downloading apps-download disappear (It did not show up the setup apps).

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which browser are you using to download the apps?

2. Did you see the download progress is completed successfully?

3. Where exactly(location) you are looking for the downloaded app?

4. Is this issue specific with Java and Flash Player?

5. Did you try downloading some other app and check if the same issue occurs?

I suggest you to download all the windows updates and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Also, I suggest you to set the download location for Internet Explorer and download apps using Explorer and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Access the settings menu by clicking on the settings icon
      (it is a round gear shape near the top right of the Internet Explorer browser).
    • Choose "View downloads" from the menu. This will bring up the Downloads window.

• Click on "Options."

• Press the Browse button and browse to the folder where you want to download to be saved.

• Confirm with the OK button to assign the new download location. The downloads you perform from hereon will be saved in the folder that you have chosen.

If you are using Edge browser for downloading apps, please follow the steps below to find the downloaded app if it is completed successfully.

• Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    • Click on the Hub button on the right top corner of the screen (next to save favorites).
    • Click on Downloads button in the Hub, and click on the Open folder link.

Revert to us with the requested information and the results of the steps provided. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

1. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates" - Similar Threads - Unwanted apps Downloads

2. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted download: I download Temu of the internet and did not relize it was a Chinese company. When I stared looking at the items, they listed for sale I noticed the products were terrible. I have looked in uninstall or change a program, went to where it was downloaded to. It does not appear...
  3. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted download: I download Temu of the internet and did not relize it was a Chinese company. When I stared looking at the items, they listed for sale I noticed the products were terrible. I have looked in uninstall or change a program, went to where it was downloaded to. It does not appear...
  4. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  6. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  7. downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software: I'm trying to download an app and whenever I try to run the downloading software it comes up with an error that says "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." The app is safe I'm completely sure of it and I'd...
  8. Unwanted apps appearing after incorrect download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted apps appearing after incorrect download: Today I downloaded something I quickly removed it because it wasn't the real one but then Avast Free Antivirus popped up along with SAntivirus. I want to know if they are safe or not. I cant find out how to delete Avast it's not in my settings or control panel, but it's in...
  9. Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...
  10. forced download of unwanted games and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    forced download of unwanted games and apps: Updated to Windows 10 build 1903, no install problems, but the Store keeps wanting to download and install apps and games I don't want. Is there anyway I can stop this without turning off automatic updates. I have 15 of them that waiting to update which I DO NOT WANT......