Windows 10: unwanted apps in Microsoft store

Discus and support unwanted apps in Microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to the Microspft store and go to My Library, I find all of these apps that I do not use or want. There is no option to delete them. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AngelaGarnto1, Dec 27, 2019.

1. unwanted apps in Microsoft store

When I go to the Microspft store and go to My Library, I find all of these apps that I do not use or want. There is no option to delete them. I am given the option to share or launch, I do not want either one of those options. How do these apps get on a computer if I didn't download them? Please tell kme how to get rid of them. I have tried to delete tje X Box app since forever. I don't have an X Box or plan to get one so why do I have to have that app taking up space on my laptop?

:)

AngelaGarnto1, Dec 27, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 27, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 27, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

unwanted apps in Microsoft store

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

unwanted apps in Microsoft store

1. unwanted apps in Microsoft store - Similar Threads - unwanted apps Microsoft

2. How to hide unwanted app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide unwanted app from Microsoft Store: With older version of MS store, end user are still capable of hiding unused app from their libraries. The hiding option is removed from the recent version of MS Store afte upgrade to Windows 11. Is that any alternative options for end users to hide unwanted apps, other than...
  3. How to hide unwanted app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide unwanted app from Microsoft Store: With older version of MS store, end user are still capable of hiding unused app from their libraries. The hiding option is removed from the recent version of MS Store afte upgrade to Windows 11. Is that any alternative options for end users to hide unwanted apps, other than...
  4. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: Good morning,after getting two replies about "unwanted apps" yesterday thankyouthe question is how do I install something I consider safe ? Will I have to turn off the protection while I download it and then add it to exclusions ? I tried to download it as a file this morning...
  5. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  6. Unwanted Apps

Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...
  7. Microsoft installing unwanted apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft installing unwanted apps: I recognize that this forum is not attended by the folks at Microsoft, but hope someone can give me some insight. For the third time in several months when I booted my computer this morning I discovered that once again Microsoft had installed software I do not want; did not...
  8. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  9. Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Permanent removal of the unwanted apps from the Microsoft store Library list: I want to know when we will be able to permanently remove numerous old useless unwanted apps from the Microsoft Store Library list. It is quite a headache to search for an important app among hundreds of old unwanted apps which are just occupying space in the library list....
  10. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App): I've done extensive searching for a solution. It seems everyone that has experienced this problem has found a solution; but nothing I have tried works. My Gallery is littered with unwanted Xbox .png files, OneNote .png files, Skype .png files, Microsoft .png files, etc.... I...