Windows 10: Unwanted Apps

Discus and support Unwanted Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnO.C, Jan 10, 2021.

1. JohnO.C Win User

Unwanted Apps

I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10.

Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m looking for. They do not offer the option to remove them from the list, and they do not appear as an installed item via Control Panel/Programs and Features, so they can’t be deleted. I’ve tried to completely install a few, just so I can delete them, but in all cases I lack something the application needs, like a phone I can install MS Edge on.

A MS Support agent suggested I try a Powershell script to delete them, which gave me an access error message.

What can I do to eliminate these shortcuts I didn’t ask for, and don’t want or need?

:)

JohnO.C, Jan 10, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unwanted App - where is it?

If it's a UWP app (Store app) then you can try here:

Unwanted Apps [​IMG]

whilst everything installed is listed here:

Unwanted Apps [​IMG]

If that means you were using a browser, there may be a download record.

dalchina, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

Unwanted Apps [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Unwanted Apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unwanted Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Unwanted Apps

1. Unwanted Apps - Similar Threads - Unwanted Apps

2. potentially unwanted app found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    potentially unwanted app found: I get the "potentially unwanted app found" message on Windows security about once a week and I don't know what to do abouit it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app-found/6d3079da-0ed2-478d-a4a6-0475e24252b2
  3. Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?: Hello all! I am running the latest Windows 10 version and I was just going to ask all of you here, is, did Microsoft finally put an end to where in the past, Windows 10 automatically installed apps without users permission like Candy Crush, Saga or any of those crap. I am...
  4. Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic installation of unwanted apps from MS?: Hello all! I am running the latest Windows 10 version and I was just going to ask all of you here, is, did Microsoft finally put an end to where in the past, Windows 10 automatically installed apps without users permission like Candy Crush, Saga or any of those crap. I am...
  5. Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed

Can you clear the " Protection History list ? " of unwanted apps that are already removed: I have 1 history recorded it is low threat warning and from 4 months ago.... can you clear this list ? , there is not a problem as it is removed from files and no record of it in system anymore.... Thanks ^^...
  6. potential threat from unwanted app

potential threat from unwanted app: I am trying to install a game on my computer but when I click on the install file, a window pops up telling me that Windows Defender has detected a potentially harmful app. What does this mean and how can I get around this issue? Thanks...
  7. Unwanted App - where is it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted App - where is it?: I have clicked on a link from a "friend" in Face book Messenger that required my FB password to open. I was then invited to download an App. I clicked no to the question did I want changes made but the App downloaded any way. I have no idea what this is. How can I find out...
  8. Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking"

Cannot turn on "potentially unwanted app blocking": Problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-potentially-unwanted-app-blocking/d3b72beb-3c9b-46f2-bc61-0bbe82da3b2d
  9. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  10. Potentially unwanted App

Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea