Windows 10: Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

Discus and support Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After 10 -15 minutes into work on either a Word document or an XL spreadsheet I get random characters populating whatever I am working on. I have just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipStevens2, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

After 10 -15 minutes into work on either a Word document or an XL spreadsheet I get random characters populating whatever I am working on. I have just run a scan to make sure I don't have any malware. Please help if you can.

:)

PhilipStevens2, Jan 18, 2019
  2. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.<br>
    If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Wiggl3s Win User

Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

First letter of sentence not auto capitalizing

Mine auto-corrects to "don't". It might have been added to the dictionary on accident. But it looks like to remove added words from the dictionary, it is an all or nothing type deal.

You can go to Settings > Keyboard > Typing Settings and hit "Reset Suggestions"

This will clear out all the user added suggestions/auto-corrects (going back to the default suggestions/auto-corrects).

It kind of sucks that you can't get a listing of added suggestions/auto-corrects and remove single entries, but oh well.

Hope that helps.

Wiggl3s, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters

1. Unwanted auto fill of letters, numbers and characters - Similar Threads - Unwanted auto fill

2. Auto fill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fill: HiMy auto fill with my name and address stopped working passwords auto fill OKhow do i correct so my name address autofill?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOESI did switch ISP dont know if that did it...
  3. Auto fill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto fill: HiMy auto fill with my name and address stopped working passwords auto fill OKhow do i correct so my name address autofill?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOESI did switch ISP dont know if that did it...
  4. Auto fill

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. auto fill in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto fill in: When logging into an app - how to auto fill in email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-in/6ba2a221-bfff-43e5-8d62-d8efa605e32d
  6. Auto fill

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto fill: How do you turn on "Auto Fill" capability? Having Microsoft automatically enter information on forms, websites, etc. Info such as Email address. Name, my location address, phone number, etc. Thanks...
  7. auto fill passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    auto fill passwords: set up autofill on sites such as facebook and email so as not to have to re enter every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill-passwords/cab9e11b-2138-4db0-b02e-4ef5f9ca7496"
  8. Auto Fill Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Fill Key: When you're installing Windows 10, is it possible to to create a .txt doc that has the key in it or something of that nature on the USB drive that you're installing Windows 10 from so that it auto fills and doesn't ask you for a key during installation? 148722
  9. Auto Fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Fill: When using Windows 10 and Microsoft Explorer (not Chrome), where can I find the "auto fill" application? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-fill/8195866f-cda8-4d79-b545-10668a65d223
  10. Auto Fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Fill: I guess I am not explaining my problem properly, I was trying to fill out a firm from Utah to request a travel guide and the second I hit once of the keys I was kicked out of the site out of the internet and back to my page showing my applications, there was no reason why and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto filling with lower case letters