Windows 10: Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

Discus and support Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ma_921, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Ma_921 Win User

Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should get an information by SCCM/MECM that a restart is necessary/recommended to successfully finish the installation, but no automatic restart should happen.If SCCM/MECM is not available for the user maybe because the mobile client is outside our network, it would be no problem for us if the clients gets the updates from the official Windows update routine.The clients should not restart automatically after the update installation.What we ge

:)

Ma_921, Oct 5, 2022
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Papahyooie, Oct 5, 2022
  4. jds21 Win User

Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unwanted automatic restarts

2. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  3. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.: Computer is rebooting.*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 Insider / Outlook / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-rebooting-after-10-or-15-minutes/0c2f8b76-802a-4edb-a7b6-299f0d4f2cfa
  4. My windows 10 is rebooting after 10 or 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10: We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should get an information by SCCM/MECM that a restart is necessary/recommended to successfully finish the installation, but no...
  6. Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted automatic restarts 15 minutes after installation of Windows updates under Windows 10: We have the following problem on our Windows 10 clients:What we want:Clients should get their Windows updates primarily from SCCM/MECM, users should get an information by SCCM/MECM that a restart is necessary/recommended to successfully finish the installation, but no...
  7. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update: Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated...
  8. Unwanted Windows 10 restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unwanted Windows 10 restarts: Windows 10 restarts if left unattended for an hour or so. I have checked everything I can find to restart/shutdown 'Never'. It's only been doing this for the last few months and it's getting more frequent and shorter time periods....
  9. Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically: Hi I had an old computer that I lately wanted to use with windows 10. And I had installed windows 10's 1903 version on it but it seems that I won't be able to use it. because every time I boot up my computer within 5 minutes it freezes and remains that way until it...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update with WSUS - disable automatic restart after 15 minutes: Good Morning, we just configured our WSUS Server ( 2016 ) to deploy feature updates to clients. It looks like this: 1. Client contacts wsus to get feature Update 2. Client downloads and installs feature update automaticly 3. After installation is complete a restart alert...