Windows 10: Unwanted Background Sharing

Discus and support Unwanted Background Sharing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have several business computers running Windows 10 Professional. They all have separate Office Applications all connected to the same Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spanderson01_1954, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Unwanted Background Sharing

We have several business computers running Windows 10 Professional. They all have separate Office Applications all connected to the same Microsoft Business Account. The problem is several computers are randomly sharing background images from one computer to another. How do we stop this so each computer's background image will not wander off to visit another computer?

:)

Spanderson01_1954, Aug 19, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Unwanted Background Sharing

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted Background Sharing

1. Unwanted Background Sharing - Similar Threads - Unwanted Background Sharing

2. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  3. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  4. Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted hotspot/network sharing: Hello ,There is a hotspot/shared in the area I am in, of which I can't connect meaning its being hosted by my own PC, "mobile hotspot" and "nearby sharing" are both turned off; so I'm out of ideas why this could happen....
  5. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  6. Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines: Hi, I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these machines but I do log into my microsoft account for office onedrive etc. Since the last update, suddenly my workstation has...
  7. Does Windows account locking prevent file sharing in background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows account locking prevent file sharing in background?: [ATTACH] Does the account locking option disable internet connection and kill background processes (ie stop background file sharing)? https://preview.redd.it/spxbswy0of641.png?width=321&format=png&auto=webp&s=e3b5579a448810172517886e8a5329fa3db73d49 submitted by...
  8. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  9. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  10. BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: While running Firefox and file sharing in the background: Hello, I was running Firefox and browsing the web, whilst also having a few programs running in the background, when all of a sudden my system flashed a BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled) and I had to restart. I have only ever gotten a BSOD after upgrading to...