Windows 10: Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on

Discus and support Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the majority of times I do a control+F it brings up a feedback screen. Just typing an r brings up a run screen filled in with the word regedit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Mar 29, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on

the majority of times I do a control+F it brings up a feedback screen. Just typing an r brings up a run screen filled in with the word regedit. Unwanted menus keep appearing including the start menu. With sticky keys disabled this does not happen.
    This is an Asus laptop gamer

:)

jalea148, Mar 29, 2019
  2. jalea148 Win User

When sticky keys turned on the keyboard locks

new laptop; if sticky keys are turned on the keyboard locks; sticky keys are turned off the keyboard works

on ancient laptop there is not a problem.

jalea148, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Sticky keys turning on after my computer sleeps

Hi,

Sticky Keys is a Windows Ease of Access feature that makes it possible to use keyboard shortcuts or type capital letters without needing to press more than one key at once. Since the sticky keys still turning back on when the Shift key is pressed 5 times, you
    can disable it by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type "Turn on easy access keys".
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Click Set up Sticky Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.
    • Click Apply.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Unwanted Behavior of keyboard after sticky keys turned on - Similar Threads - Unwanted Behavior keyboard

2. Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.: Hello, I've been having this issue persistently. This was an issue when I upgraded to Windows 11, and still persists after switching back to Windows 10. Currently, I am on Windows 10- I prefer it. ----------For both OS's, I did these: 1: Changed the sticky keys settings in...
  3. Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Keys turning on when gaming. Already turned off all functionality for Sticky Keys.: Hello, I've been having this issue persistently. This was an issue when I upgraded to Windows 11, and still persists after switching back to Windows 10. Currently, I am on Windows 10- I prefer it. ----------For both OS's, I did these: 1: Changed the sticky keys settings in...
  4. Sticky keys won’t turn off.

Sticky keys won’t turn off.: I’ve tried turning off all the switches in settings and the sticky key is ctrl so every time I type it shows me the clipboard. I’m on win 11 if it helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys-wont-turn-off/6abf839c-a62c-478d-b530-a19fd981ac6c
  5. Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.: This may be a coincidence. Furthermore, upon rebooting I can use the keyboard to type the Windows security code, but when I click enter, the keyboard no longer works. I tried using a second keyboard but had the same results. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone...
  6. Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.

Keyboard won’t work after turning on sticky keys, filter keys, and toggle keys.: This may be a coincidence. Furthermore, upon rebooting I can use the keyboard to type the Windows security code, but when I click enter, the keyboard no longer works. I tried using a second keyboard but had the same results. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone...
  7. Wireless Keyboard 3050 sticky keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Keyboard 3050 sticky keys: Hi there, I accidentally turned on the sticky keys while using this wireless keyboard, and I cannot turn it off. Pressing shift 5 times did nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard, which did not remove the sticky keys. I also made sure that the sticky keys...
  8. sticky keys weird behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    sticky keys weird behavior: I have an ASUS Rog gamer running windows 10. When sticky keys are turned on weird behavior happens when certain letters are chosen. The letter f often causes the feedback window to open. However, in word the find search of opens. The letter r often causes them run window to...
  9. Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys": Anyone know how to clean "Sticky" keys on Gaming Keyboards. Ill explain i am left handed so i use the right ctrl key on my Logitech G510s a lot because its right next to the Direction keys so i can hit it with my index finger "or whats it called" The problem is i use that...
  10. Sticky keys won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky keys won't turn off: Have searched forum ... lots of answers but none work. Have physiccal problems and fingers don't always do what I 'tell' them too (like releaase a key immediately -see what I mean) 52414

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky keys turning on floating letters

2. keyboard unwanted behaviour of home key

3. when typing letters run on sticky keys and latancy