Windows 10: Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

Discus and support Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently ran Windows Update and was surprised to see my Recycle Bin icon added via toolbar on the taskbar was about 1.5" from the task icons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by system_shock, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

Hello, I recently ran Windows Update and was surprised to see my Recycle Bin icon added via toolbar on the taskbar was about 1.5" from the task icons, for no apparent reason. It took me a good bit of screwing around to realize that returning the taskbar to the bottom of the screen revealed that this blank space was a new News and Interests area! Great news, I can get rid of it! After removing News and Interests, THERE IS STILL A GAP. It is not as big, maybe 1/4". But absolutely annoying. Is this possible to fix or do we have to wait till it comes down the pipeline??

:)

system_shock, Jun 10, 2021

2. Taskbar with blank space

It may be possible that the blank space on your notification area is connected with the OneDrive app. We can reset the app by following the steps below:

• To open the Run dialog box, press and hold the Windows key and press
      R.
    • Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press
      Enter.
    • The OneDrive icon will disappear and reappear for a few minutes.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't appear on the notification area, open the
      Run
      dialog box again and type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe and press
      Enter.

Keep us posted with the result of the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

Hi,

To resolve your concern with the blank space on your taskbar after removing Windows Store, we suggest that you check this
    thread. Look for
    Kalpana Shankarappa's post. Other Community members found it helpful.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

1. Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests" - Similar Threads - Unwanted blank space

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  6. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  7. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  8. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken

News & Interests feed in taskbar broken: Hi,Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Windows and got this new news feed on my taskbar. It was working fine up until today, now it's stuck highlighted and no longer opens when I hover the mouse on it. When I click on it, nothing happens again.This may be a release...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove blank space on taskbat win 10