Windows 10: Unwanted changes after last update.

Discus and support Unwanted changes after last update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 418) When I switched on the computer this morning I was presented with a fancy full screen photograph and I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Unwanted changes after last update.

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362. 418)

When I switched on the computer this morning I was presented with a fancy full screen photograph and I had to enter my password in order to proceed.

Until today, the system booted up and finally finished by opening up my desktop.

I have checked the settings in "User Accounts and the Users must enter a username ...etc". The box was and still is unchecked.

I have rebooted a couple of times and it works (boots up as I want) ok now. I have no idea why or how.

What has happened and what, if anything, can I do to prevent this happening again?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm afraid that is no longer true.

I have to go through the Lock screen/credential palava again.

I really don't want to reinstall the system if it can be avoided, so what can I do?

:)

Syncopator, Oct 14, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Oct 14, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 14, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Unwanted changes after last update.

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted changes after last update.

1. Unwanted changes after last update. - Similar Threads - Unwanted changes last

2. Apps windows appearance changed after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps windows appearance changed after last update: Hello I'm facing a problem that happened recently after the last update I got from microsoft. All apps appearance turned to this shape, I will include a screenshot showing the problem...
  3. Apps windows appearance changed after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps windows appearance changed after last update: Hello I'm facing a problem that happened recently after the last update I got from microsoft. All apps appearance turned to this shape, I will include a screenshot showing the problem...
  4. Apps windows appearance changed after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Colours are changing after the last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Colours are changing after the last Update: Greetings!I hope that this is the correct place to post a question... but I do need some help with this matter. There recently was an Windows 10 Update for my device that caused some problems. mostly regarding my sound & microphone-setups. But those I got settled quite...
  6. Problem after last Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem after last Update: Hi, After updating the las version of Windows 10 was automatically updated, my desktop freezes everytime i turn on the computer. My laptop is fairly new and had worked well until this episode. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  7. No audio after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio after last update: So 2 days ago i updated my Windows to the latest version and with the update the sound just went missing. I know for a fact that my headphones aren't a problem because they work just fine on my phone, i also connected my PC to my TV to see if it was a problem with windows...
  8. Unwanted changes caued by last indows 10 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted changes caued by last indows 10 update: Hello Guys, What are you doing to me? Since the last update I have found that the following changes were made. I find this annoying because I use these features frequently and I ask that you restore them. If you are not able to do please advise how I can go back...
  9. problems after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems after last update: After last update my computer volume, windows task bar, edge, start button, cortona,,,among other items I can't access such as my control panal..!!! how do I fix it???...
  10. problems after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems after last update: Hi, I got my PC updated lately and now have alot of problems. Sleep button disapeared, power settings disapeard, cannot turn off display, my nvidia card is not working and have some graphic glitches while scrolling internet pages. Also got blurry apps even they weren´t...