Windows 10: Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

Discus and support Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TylerFreeman1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening.

:)

TylerFreeman1, Sep 9, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Folder sharing across 2 computers

Thank you for the details that you've provided. We suggest that re-map the network folder to refresh the connection between the two computers. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet on the left menu.
    • Click Network and Sharing Center at the right menu.
    • Click Change advanced sharing settings on the left menu.
    • Under All Networks, turn on the Public folder sharing. (Refer to the screenshot below.)

Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers 7b932e3d-d0c3-4b2d-b488-0da3d572a68d.jpg

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you check this article and see the Windows 10 section for more details:

Map a network drive.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 9, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

1. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers - Similar Threads - Unwanted data sharing

2. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  3. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  4. File sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  5. Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines: Hi, I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these machines but I do log into my microsoft account for office onedrive etc. Since the last update, suddenly my workstation has...
  6. sharing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sharing between computers: when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by /u/surfer812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek7w2b/sharing_between_computers/
  7. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  8. Sharing data between 2 home laptops

Sharing data between 2 home laptops: I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file sharing but not sure if I'm using best practices. Can you advise what's the simplest way. It's mainly to back up music and...
  9. Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers

Cannot share files between 2 Windows 10 computers: I had 2 Win 7 computers that shared files successfully without using a homegroup and with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed. Then both of these machines were upgraded to Windows 10 and they can no longer share files. I get a message that one machine is denying...
  10. Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers

Unable to SHARE files between 2 Win 10 computers: Computer 1: Windows 10 Desktop Computer 2: Windows 10 Laptop On both machines, I have: Turn on network discovery. Turn on file and printer sharing. (same for Guest/Public) Allow Windows manage homegroup connections. Turn on sharing so anyone with network access...