Windows 10: unwanted desktop displays

Discus and support unwanted desktop displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I somehow got a bunch of boxes with apps on my desktop that dims the display and takes away everything else on desktop. How do I get rid of them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by craigcolter, Aug 29, 2020.

1. unwanted desktop displays

I somehow got a bunch of boxes with apps on my desktop that dims the display and takes away everything else on desktop. How do I get rid of them?

:)

craigcolter, Aug 29, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Aug 29, 2020
  4. unwanted desktop displays

Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

unwanted desktop displays

1. unwanted desktop displays - Similar Threads - unwanted desktop displays

2. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  3. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  4. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change: Dear MSCSI am tired of changing my background display all the time.Why does it keep changing?I have not set my desktop to show slides, so why is this happening.I just want my desktop to show the desktop I have chosen for my PCsCan someone please tell me what have I done...
  6. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change: Dear MSCSI am tired of changing my background display all the time.Why does it keep changing?I have not set my desktop to show slides, so why is this happening.I just want my desktop to show the desktop I have chosen for my PCsCan someone please tell me what have I done...
  7. Why Does My Desktop Display An Unwanted Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unwanted dimming display bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted dimming display bug: Hi all, Recently, when opening a pdf file using MS edge, my display bugs out until I move the cursor: Over 10 seconds, the screen brightness goes down, the saturation goes up, and contract as well it seems, kind of what you'd expect a deep fried meme to look like. Here's...
  9. Unwanted display on screen

Unwanted display on screen: My laptop displays volume control on the LHS top of screen. I dont want this display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-display-on-screen/c74b0734-f60d-42da-bb65-dc26f8194d17
  10. Unwanted desktop icon

Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...